Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

how many photos are permitted with the profile

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

is there a limit to the number of photos members can put in their profile? some have got more than seventy!! I've counted it myself, seventy two to be precise(wenandsteve)occupies a lot of space, and who'd be going on watching it (witout scale or in different pixel sizes) i wonder. what has the admin team got to say, as they approve the photos.

Re: how many photos are permitted with the profile

i dont have any problem with members having loads of photos on their profile, although personally i don't see the point.

however on the search and who's online screen it should only display a maximum of 8. i get fed up waiting for all items on the page to load before i can do anything, and i've got a 1MB broadband connection - got knows what it's like on dialup!

i dont have any problem with members having loads of photos on their profile, although personally i don't see the point.

however on the search and who's online screen it should only display a maximum of 8. i get fed up waiting for all items on the page to load before i can do anything, and i've got a 1MB broadband connection - got knows what it's like on dialup!

Totally agree complete waste of bandwidth when searching.

Hi there,

we don't restrict the number of photo's, sound clips or video clips you can upload to your profile.

This has always been the way as it allows everyone the ability to express themselves on their profile.

I agree that profiles with vast numbers can often take a while to open, but we decided not to restict our members like some other sites have done, can one photo really be enough?

Admin

Hi,

No one is suggesting that you limit the amount people can upload to their profile.

The problem is on the "search" and "who's online" page. Why can't you limit the number that are displayed on that to 8 (2 rows of 4). That's plenty to give the person browsing an idea of what the advertiser looks like, and if the person browsing is interested they can open the profile and see all the other photos.

This would not remove any existing functionality, but would improve site performance dramatically. I don't see any downsides....

Martin

Yes, I vote for a number of 8 shown when searching, that gives plenty of room to get a general idea.

And face it, we still click the profile if it otherwise seems to be fairly right.
, don't we?