Home > Forums > Newbie (General Chat)

Newbie here !

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi !!
As the title suggests I'm new here and finding my feet,
I'm browsing profiles and leaving messages ( nice ones lol )
Is it normal to not get any replies at all ?
Is the best place to meet people the chat room ? Any help would be appreciated :)
James

RE:Newbie here !

Hi James I am in the same boat not a single reply.

I have only tried these sort of sites in the last couple of weeks or so, and unfortunately think I was conned on another one.

I think there are probably a lot more men on here than women but I will keep sending little messages but I wont be renewing my membership in three weeks as quite honestly I no longer have any great expectations. Good luck to you though.

RE:Newbie here !

Hi,

New here too:

My wife had a profile here and the mail box overflowed in minutes. Mostly weirdo's simply trying a numbers game and lots of very sad photos.

My account, well almost nothing... and then you note that Free members will only see VIP sent messages. So as a chap, unless you are VIP your messages will probably not be seen as most women seem to create free profiles.

If you look at the rate of message opening then the % is very low, mainly because only a small % of women who've posted profiles are actively checking into the site on a frequent basis - most are over a month since last log in.

Assuming the women that are actively checking have overflowed mail boxes, they can be very selective depending on their personal tastes. And if they haven't logged on for a while, I imagine that there could be hundreds and hundreds of crap messages to search through.

Overall most networking requires a lot of work building an honest online persona that other people will be attracted too. Like most things, interest develops interest and any hint of frustration will probably lead to being ignored. Forum replies, chat room are probably good areas to participate in.

The admin team can help out with checking profile, settings etc if you don't seem to be having any success with replies.

All that said, I do have a meet up very soon and I hope that you find the fun and friendship here that you are looking for.

Rgds,
S

Re Newbie here.

I expect that the reasons you give are probably valid H P.....at least thats what I am sticking with.......course it could be that I am just a boring bugger with a boring profile img src="imagesadultemoticons008.gif"