Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

replying to messages

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

why do some people not bother to reply to messages left for them. i'm sure some people do get alot of messages, but a simple thanks but no thanks would be welcomed by most people instead of just nothing. any thoughts on that from anyone?

Re: replying to messages

I agree entirely. It's bordering on "ignorance" and a simple "no thanks" costs nothing.

I agree, too! In my opinion that's bad behaviour.

One problem is that hardly anyone replies to messages and until you get to be an old hand at this, you don't realise what's going on.
Single guys think they are hard done by, but the same applies to everyone, even a lot of single guys don't reply when they should.
We get a lot of flirts and messages, but as soon as we reply the messages stop??
That is when we can reply! Many times the sender has their filter switched to receive from premium members only, so we cannot reply, what sense does that make?

As a girl that when she logs on has recieved about 4 pages of mail i wanted to respond to your question. it is hard to try and wade through the serious- the genuine and the timewasters. Personally i go through process decideing which mail to respond to.
for example it is rare i reply to flirts as i imagine most people just send them out like nobodys business. then if a mail title doesnt grab me i tend to overlook that too. Eventually i am left with a few of which profiles i then read. But alas half of the time they havent read my own profile and we arent compatable in the first instance.
Sometimes i find that my automatised 'thanks for the mail' fails to kick in, so i can understand why it leaves people frustrated.....
My advice is...spend time reading profiles before replying....make it personal to the person and not just a standard response...girls and men appreciate it when it appears time has been spent on a response....
and finally...dont get disheartened if you dont recieve a reply....obviously it wasnt meant to be xxxxx

Hi blueboy, It's bad form not to reply, but you're dealing with people, so what do you expect?
[edited by site admin - abuse of other members will not be tolerated]

i cant respond to messages, because everyone who send me them has their mail options set to Premium Members only.