Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

wierd messages from wierd profiles - spam?

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I have received a message on my account from someone claiming that they will be in my area over christmas, its wierd by my friend who lives 100 miles away also got the same message.

I have also received a message from someone claiming to be in london (over 100 miles away), yet they say they want to meet me but the context of their message makes me wonder, as they don't say 'mobile' they use 'cell phone' and also other words imply they aren't from this country.

Seems funny that I get these messages prompting me to upgrade my account, especially as my friend is getting the same sort of stuff ?

Does anyone else have any experiences with this ?

Popa

Re: wierd messages from wierd profiles

In reponse to your question and the many similar ones we have received through the enquiry panel.

We have had a number of 'members' joining the site simply to spam the system.

Unlike the normal spammers that simply create a free profile with little information, these people are creating informative profiles and upgrading their account in order to try and get past the checks that every profile goes through.

They are working in a very organised manner and no doubt in a team due to the amount of messages they are sending out. They are also personalising each message to match your own area details etc.

If you feel you have received a spam mail, please view the persons profile and click the report link, then add the comments that you feel this may be a spammers profile.

We are working on numerous ways to reduce the spam being sent, and will continue to remove the profiles and the messages that are created as soon as we are aware of them.

If you receive a mail and then find the profile has been deleted when you try to view it, it was probably a spammer.

Thanks for your reporting of these profiles and your continued support in removing these annoying people

The Admin Team

Re: wierd messages from wierd profiles

Hi yeah I have the same .....good to see that us genuine members can communicate to get these bastards off the site