Home > Forums > Forums and Adult Community (Assistance and Etiquette)

"like" does not mean "check me out"

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Whenever one "likes" a picture or profile does an email also go out to that person asking them to "check me out"?
I've been liking a number of pictures for various reasons and thought it was a nice way to give a compliment. I just checked my sent mail box and found 28 pages of those obnoxious messages had been sent to people asking them to "check me out" They're impersonal communication, a nuisance to receive and make the sender sound desperate.

In my case,with 28 pages of such messages having been sent, it looks like a mass mailing in an effort to find anyone to sleep with. Though my profile indicates a propensity for multiple partners, THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE.

Many of the likes were sent to men and women whose profiles make it clear that they have no interest in a transvestite. A like is a nice small gesture, which doesn't necessarily have direct sexual overtones. I can admire someones penis ( 28 pages indicates that I've done a lot of admiring ) without feeling that I have to put it in my mouth or pursue them. If I send a like in admiration of an artful shot of beautiful breasts or of a penis poised to enter a vagina, it doesn't need to generate a request to check me out.
There is a lack of nuance in communication here which bothers me. The message sent is different than the one that was intended.

Does anyone else have a problem with this? Am I just an old fogey? Or have I yet again failed to navigate a system correctly?

RE:"like" does not mean "check me out"

Don't know the answer to this but you could always drop a question to the site administration team ?

RE:"like" does not mean "check me out"

A very good point ! Liking pics also boosts your validation so if you went on a "like pics spree" a wrong impression might be taken...