Home > Forums > Etiquette (Assistance and Etiquette)

Please reply to your mail

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Before i start i would like to thank the few who have bothered to reply to my mail, thank you. Now this is how it is supposed to work, you submit your profile, i reply to your profile then you either have 2 choices, yes or no, simples. Then why do i have over 20 unanswered mail, some people even check out my profile but dont read the mail, whats the deal. If you put out a profile you expect people to answer your call, when you receive the mail it is your responsibility to reply, if "yes" say yes if "no" say no. I dont expect a list of reasons why you dont want to see me, in fact you can simply press the "polite No" button. Myself and probably other sgl males have enough emotional intelligence to be able to handle rejection, so give the sgl guys a hand and reply to their mail, thank you.

RE:Please reply to your mail

Well put , couldn't agree more.

I can't speak about why you may not be getting replies, but I can say that we've gotten several messages that were either rude andor so in your face that they did not deserve a reply. Senders that obviously do not take the time to read a profile before sending in my opinion do not always deserve a reply either (why should I take time to communicate with someone who cannot read?).

So your premise that the recipient of a message has only two choices - yesno is flawed. The delete and blacklist keys are also very real options.

All the best,

C&T

Picture

Try putting a picyure of your face on here and people may reply to you.People do not just look for a pic of your cock or your arse the face tells a story too you know.

RE:Picture

Hi, yes you are correct i am in the process of fixing this, thanks

Hi MutlyI wrote a lengthy reply in support of your post,I have sent you a copy of my post, feel free to use it in any way, as long as you do not distort it's meaning.

Same here, thoroughly support your post. Previously on here with another user name and loads of unanswered mail.

RE:RE:Please reply to your mail

Hi cizzy, totally agree what you say, its a mixture of arogance, laziness or its like rabbits in the headlights, they freeze because they are probably not 100% commmitted or on some ego trip collecting freinds on the way. Good luck to you my freind, frank

Desperation strikes...

Meh... There is no entitlement to a reply, such arrogance! People can either reply or not, if they don't well really its tough. Think of it as fishing, bait your line and see what bites lol

Its called being polite

I'm with Mutley on this. Fair enuff, if the mail is rude then ignore it, but if someone sends a polite opener, then it is only polite to respond, even if it is to say ur not interested

reasons why i don't reply...

1. Your message is obviously 'copy and paste', and is clear its been sent out to many

2. Its been sent late on a saturday night etc, and has no feeling of being genuine about it

3. It doesnt refer to my profile... just a catch-all bland blah that I have no way of building a rapport with

4. You dont meet my profile needs - if you can't read my profile, then you're not my kind of person.

5. You're from overseas - i.e. you didnt read my profile!

6. No pics on your profile and 'ill tell you later' in the profile description... Again if that's too difficult for you, then you're not my kind of person

CCxx

RE:reasons why i don't reply...

Hi curious i take on board what you have said and i appreciate that women must get inundated with men whose grasp of the english language is limited and im not talking about the foreign men ! I and probably many like me take the time to read profiles and make sure that i fit their criteria before sending a mail, all im asking is for the person to reply yes or no, how hard can it be ! X

Interesting that all the posts against your arguement are by women, and all the posts supporting you are by men. Nothing really surprising there then. I agree that offensive and inappropriate mail should be ignored, but a politely written opening mail deserves a reply, if you can't be bothered to do that, then why be here.
Curious Chick gives six good reasons for not replying to mail, but she misses the point, as this thread is about polite opening mail written specifically for the recipient, not trash mail.
I love Wetnwild's analogy to fishing and baiting your line, but a fish hasn't asked for your attention, the people on here have.

More support for Mutley

Ladies & Couples --- ANSWER YOU MAIL ---

More support for Mutley

Ladies & Couples --- ANSWER YOUR MAIL ---

I wonder how the amount of mail sent by women and couples that goes unanswered, compares to the amount of mail sent by men that goes unanswered.

RE:reasons why i don't reply...

Point 1. I think the reason most guys resort to "copy and paste" is that soo much of their mail is ignored that they see no point in making much of an effort (include me in this).
Points 2 - 6 Fair enough, particularly 6.
SF.

classic email today -

Wanna meet up? ;-)

- no response, why should I!

CCxx

RE:RE:Please reply to your mail

Hi curious, yes if the sender is sending mail like that then he is just playing the numbers game and is mailing everyone & anyone, no thought has gone it to it at all, he deserved not get a responce, well done x

If you can't be bothered, dont bother

Today's gem:

Would you like to meet for coffee?

- FFS guys... Surely you can see why my I give up on replying...

CCxx

RE:If you can't be bothered, dont bother

CC: here are two mails I have sent recently. Do you consider them worth a reply.

Hi **** & ****
We are *** & *, both straight males who can visit singularly or as a pair. We like to give a lady lots of attention, either in a dogging location, or in the comfort of your own home. If you fancy playing in the car, then we are happy to watch or join in upto to whatever level you want. Hope you might like to meet us. We are mostly availiable weekday evenings, we do not let people down, and we will always turn up, or give you plenty of notice if we can't. If we meet and you're not interested, no problem, let's just have a drink. *'s profile is "**********"

Hi ********

My name is ***, I am a UK guy, and come across to FL now and again to ***, mostly Ft Pierce, but changes around a bit.
It would be very nice if there were some like minded people I could vist during my stays, for some pleasent evenings chatting, drinking and possibly more. I have been an onoff nudist since my late teensearly twenties, as and where the situation allows, and love the naked lifestyle.
My profile is quite direct, as I have been doing this for some time, but there are no expectations. If you think you might like to meet me, let me know, and I will contact you before comming over next time.

RE:RE:If you can't be bothered, dont bother

As polite and as informative about you as they are, they dont really say why you've picked out the particular recipient, therefore they still read as a copy and paste... Youre intelligent enough to put the right words in to the mail, but there is no connection... IMHO only!

CCxx

RE:RE:RE:If you can't be bothered, dont bother

Hi curious, youre being too hard on cizzy, have you seen some of the profile requests "horny cpl looking for horny male" how can anyone pick out the relevant info to build a response to, the situation me and the other sgl men is that we have a split second to grab the persons interest (if our mail gets read at all) so if someone takes the time to send a brief insight to themselves and what they can offer they should at least warrant a reply x

RE:If you can't be bothered, dont bother

CC. Thanks for your reply (not often I get the chance to say that). More later.
Mutley, thanks for your comments, I still fully support your post.

I had a really great girlfriend from Manchester several years ago, she had a favourite little story.
A little boy goes up to a little girl, looking at his willy he proudly says, look at what I've got, isn't it great, you haven't got anything. Yes I have she says, looking down, I have one of these, and with one of these I can get as many of those as I want.

True then, true now, and especially true on here.

Woe is me... Or rather, you!

Well for the benefit of the not so needy, rather than sulking profusely and appearing like a bit of a basket case in a forum. Might I suggest you ask for opinions and suggestions on how you might improve your chances.

People do tend to favour the positive...

Also becoming a little too invested in every single message, is liable to set alarm bells ringing. The internet is shallow and impressions count. If you want to spend three years writing an epic introductory note to some random stranger then do so. Just don't assume they have to pay any attention to it. For therein lies the path of freakery and not the good kind. lol

Why I don't reply

Most of the mail I get is one-line, and often one line that shows that the person has not read my profile. It would take more effort for me to reply to the mail than the person that wrote it put in. Some of the people's profiles don't even say they are seeking what I am and many have "I'll tell you later" for most of their profile info. I figure that the people that sent the mail are sending it to everybody, and really they are just wasting everybody's time.

I don't know the kind of messages you are sending but there are some people here that clog up others' mailboxes and some people aren't going to be interested. Some members probably get 20 or so messages a day, so replying to everyone would take a lot of time.

I think of it like being in a pub. Almost never do I accept someone's offer to buy me a drink, because I don't like feeling obligated to talk to someone over the price of a drink. Putting a profile up here is similar and the few times I've sent a polite 'no' have kept the person sending messages to me, so I've stopped replying when not interested. Don't take it personally.

Guys, how incredibly arrogant of you to expect a reply, you must be complete idiots, sorry, basket-cases.
Why don't we have a site poll. Should womencouples reply to mail. 1.Yes 2.No. 3.Not if rude or one-liners
Lets not have "depends on content", too easy to make excusses.

Jack.

If I don't get a reply, I assume it's a nonot interested and move on. Easy.

Thumbs up Mutley!

Well after reading your post and the other replied posts, I checked again my profile and please feel free to read it and explain where it says I am single and looking for a big cxxx or the best time of my life with a single male , this is the reason we do not always reply to the mail we seem to attract from single males.

Good luck in your adventure

I was just thinking about this the other day, and this just my opinion

I think the same to a point that it does not take much to reply to a message, but i do agree that if it is just a one liner or rude etc then why should someone take that time to reply to someone who has not taken the time themselves.

Me personal if someone has read my message and not replyed, then i take it as they are not interested or my message just didnt tick the boxes. I dont blame them i just take on board and move on. I do get a little annoyed when someone does not take the time to read the message but again if say a womancouple are getting 20 plus messages with the same title then then most are going to assume the content will be the same.

I do take the time to read a profile as that is what it is there for but when the info is basic and not really connection can be made then what really can be done there?

So i would ask the question what can Iwe do to get that ever elusive responce? I suppose the all time question, although unique to the person is What do women want?

Re: This entire thread!

I'm loving this thread. This is exactly where I am as well.
My take: I make a short introductory message. I don't spend too much time on it as if it doesn't get read (!) I haven't wasted too much time. I DO read the profile and make reference to it as much as possible. I've added a photo to my profile. I have NOT put a cock photo on my profile. I've got to the point of messaging people as far as way as 50 miles away. I make contributions to peoples forums and blogs as I'm doing now. I don't swear or make lurid comments in my messages and speak politely. I've bought a cam and leave it on in the chat rooms. I have put on my profile that I will reply to any messages and if invited I WILL turn up. I make it clear that we will discuss exactly what the parameters and rules of the meet are before the meeting. I put myself down as a 'will attend' on peoples events. Of the rare replies I get, if I recieve a constructive criticism I act on it fast.
I then wait for the response. You guessed it - NOTHING OR JUST A LOOK! I've got nothing to work on. I'm dead in the water.
I want to get on and achieve what I joined this site for, i.e., meet women etc for adult fun. I've also got a life to get on with and am spending too much time trying to make this site work.
Any suggestions or will I get no reply to this as well?!img src="imagesadultemoticons025.gif"

RE:Re: This entire thread!

the main reasons i dont reply to mail is down to 3 things basically...

1 if they are under 35 and over 45

2 if they are under 6ft

3 if they are more than 30 miles away

i also cant be bothered with couples, or anyone who asks if im near sucha place, like you did stormcrow, as i thing if anyone who fits what im looking for would try and find that out anyway

RE:Why I don't reply

Completely understand why you don't answer - either because they plainly haven't read your profile or there's too many to compose a message too.

However - why not just hit the 'Thanks, but no thanks' button...? It shows that you're not interested as opposed to just plain ignorant and is exactly the same amount of effort than pointing the mouse to and clicking on the 'back' button.

It just seems polite to me......

RE:RE:Re: This entire thread!

Actually Scarlett it's called building a rapport and getting a conversation started based on polite manners. Sorry you don't seem to recognise that.

Answering.

I just hit the "no ta"button. If there's anything that leaves me cold, repelled, annoyed or unmoved, I just hit that button.

But if I don't reply, it's because I either got distracted by something after reading then forgot, or that it angered me so much I had to leave it to cool off, in case I sent a rather more personal reply, which I don't want to do. I can be rather cutting and evil, so it's best I leave things if they threaten to unleash that side of me!

common sense!!

of course the main reason as to why most people don't reply to messages is because they are limited, so i wait until the end of the day and look to see who deserves my message the most...

oh and Northerdlad55 i do use the 'thanks but no thanks' thingy...especially useful for the pic collectors'...i didnt mention it as i thought it was just common sense!

Re This Blog

Okay let's get out my checklist.
1) Read the profile - Check.
2) Added a photo to my profile - Check.
3) Not included a 'Cock Photo' - Check.
4) Sent a polite introductory message including points picked up from the persons profile to show I read it - Check.
5) Kept my message short and to the point as I how only have a brief couple of lines to catch attention - Check.
6) Have not contacted someone overseas - Check.
7) Have not contacted late Saturday night, thereby creating a non genuine feeling - Check.
8) Have not appeared needy - Check.
9) When criticism actually is offered, acted on it immediately - Check.
Now wait for a reply - You guessed it, no reply, not even a look on the profile.
?

Only if you read my profile first!

As per the header -only if you read my profile first!

Think that about covers it.

Please reply to your mail

Only if you read my profile first!

Think that about covers it.

Happy Days!

Those who were bothered by lack of communication on any front must be loving this ever lengthening thread, hooraay!
img src="imagesadultemoticons022.gif"

RE:Picture

I'm in the same boat how do l put a picture om my profile img src="imagesadultemoticons013.gif"

ehmm

Yes