Home > Forums > Advice (Gay)

Advice for a 'lapsed bi' back on the scene

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi guys,

I have difficulty classifying myself at the moment:

I had several gay experiences some time ago, then got married for 10 years during which I wasn't really able to act on my 'urges' (except for shoving things up my asshole every time I got some 'me' time)

That marriage is now over (and I'm over the marriage!) so I'm free to do as want again...

So, I call myself a 'lapsed-bisexual'...

Thing is I want to get rid of the 'lapsed' bit, but don't know how to go about it (I should mention I'm painfully shy)

Are there any any social meets (not necessarily culminating in sex) where I could meet up with other guys, or any parties I could attend and re-introduce myself gently?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Al

RE:Advice for a 'lapsed bi' back on the scene

I wouldn't worry to much about the label, just follow what you feel and find out what happens. Sometimes we can be too obsessed with trying to live up to the stereotype and miss out on the fulfilment that we seek. Gay, straight or bi does it really matter? We are all sexual beings and who is to say that it should be with a man or a woman? Your on the right site for meeting people so just keep being active on here and arrange some meets. Doesn't have to involve jumping straight into bed, unless you want to of course? Maybe meet for a drink first and see how you feel, might even help break the ice especially if you a bit shy as you say.

What about gay pubs or bars maybe on a sunday afternoon when everyone is a bit relaxed, you never know who you might end up chatting too?

Good luck mate