Home > Forums > Forums and Adult Community (Assistance and Etiquette)

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

There's now a new section under your profile tab - your very own avatar! You can customise your avatar with different hairstyles, faces, items of clothing and accessories. Certain items need to be unlocked before you can use them, you can do this by earning points as you use the different features on the site.

On your main profile page, you will now see a box on the top right with a summary of your avatar activity. Here you can see how many points you have, how many points you need to progress to the next level and unlock more items, and a link explaining how many points you can earn by using each site feature.

If you have any questions about the avatar feature, or (constructive!) commentsfeedback, please post here.

Thanks,

Rachel (site admin).

àvatar s a nuisance

how do we disactivate this pointless option???

Yeah its a bit irritating when they keep flashing up but they are harmless fun and a good indication of activity I wanna get the gas mask cos they are my thing

what a pain in the arse they are.
I thought the idea wa sto see who you are messaging,not some cartoon character!

RE:àvatar s a nuisance

how do we disactivate this pointless option???

I quite agree, so come on how do we turn it off.

It also seems you're not entitled to an opinion on here. If you're after feedback on this new feature I'm sorry but you can't really say you want positive comments only, geez it kind of gives a false impression.

I still stand by my opinion the avatar feature is a waste of resources. Others may beg to differ and they are entitled to do so.

get rid or have a button to switch the thing off please

RE:RE:àvatar s a nuisance

how do we disactivate this pointless option???I quite agree, so come on how do we turn it off.It also seems you're not entitled to an opinion on here. If you're after feedback on this new feature I'm sorry but you can't really say you want positive comments only, geez it kind of gives a false impression.I still stand by my opinion the avatar feature is a waste of resources. Others may beg to differ and they are entitled to do so.

Quite the opposite, we welcome your opinions. I asked for constructive comments, meaning if you dont like it, please tell us why, and how could we improve things?

Many members, for whatever reason, do not wish to add a photo to their profile. In these cases, we thought that the site and in particular the homepage would be improved with the avatars, rather than the generic "no image" illustration that you see if a member has not uploaded a main profile image.

Thank you all for your comments, we do value your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Rachel.

RE:RE:RE:àvatar

looking to meet..

avators

get rid of this pointless waste of time or at least have a button to switch the thing off please

RE:avators

Is there an option to turn it off? it's driving us nuts!! A picture [photograph] is worth a thousand words, cartoon faces looking identical are worth - well nothing, we can't even tell who's who anymore. Sexual attraction is mainly visual, I can't quite get my head around the idea of replacing real profile photos with childish cartoons, I understand the concept of adding fun but.........

RE:RE:avators

Is there an option to turn it off? it's driving us nuts!! A picture [photograph] is worth a thousand words, cartoon faces looking identical are worth - well nothing, we can't even tell who's who anymore. Sexual attraction is mainly visual, I can't quite get my head around the idea of replacing real profile photos with childish cartoons, I understand the concept of adding fun but.........

Yes, a photo is the best way to express yourself, however many members are not willing to do it this way... the Avatars are not a replacement for photos (they are only shown in the way standard icons for no photos were shown before), but rather allow people who do not want to upload photos to express themselves in another way.

RE:RE:RE:avators

Is there an option to turn it off? it's driving us nuts!! A picture [photograph] is worth a thousand words, cartoon faces looking identical are worth - well nothing, we can't even tell who's who anymore. Sexual attraction is mainly visual, I can't quite get my head around the idea of replacing real profile photos with childish cartoons, I understand the concept of adding fun but.........Yes, a photo is the best way to express yourself, however many friends are not willing to do it this way... the Avatars are not a replacement for photos (they are only shown in the way standard icons for no photos were shown before), but rather allow people who do not want to upload photos to express themselves in another way.

I can see your point but people who don't add photos are generally the ones who aren't that serious, it's a good indicator for the rest of us who is serious and who is not.

Cartoon avators will also increase the opportunity for fakers to pretend to be somebody they are not - ie a fat 70 yr old bald guy can portray an image of being a slim, attractive, blond female - now we know that will never happen right?

It's not just that part though, it's the pop up window which pops up every few seconds, trying to encourage us to create an avator ourselves, we don't want to create one, so can't we just turn it off somehow?

disable option

Thank you all for your comments. Having considered your feedback so far, we have decided to include a disable option for avatar popups in the next maintenence update of the site.

Kind Regards,

Rachel (site admin).

RE:RE:avators

Theyre harmless but a little irritating with all the pop ups.

get rid of the stupid avatars

agreeing 100% with posters, theyre irritating & pointless serving no purpose whatever, in fact theyre childish. they should be removed.img src="imagesadultemoticons012.gif"

are you trying to drive us all away

we new who we were talking to .if people couldent be bothered to put on a photo why would they be bothered to put on a photo fit that dates back to the 1970s and also why are the men on here portayed with boobs some of them have bigger ones than the women i know they are cartoons but please.and lastly if you have a photo why do we need these points they keep flashing up on the screen every time you check anything out its driving me up the wall please do something

RE:avatar

I agree, it is a complete waste of time.

Why have kids games on an adult site?

Get rid of it please, Why can't I have any picture I want as a main pic?
I don't want a face pic on the but I don't this stupid thing on there either.

Disable option

We have now added a disablecustomise option for the avatar alerts.

In the Mail section of your settings wizard (under your profile tab), you can now disable the following:

Please show popup window when I receive points.

Please show new avatar parts page when upgraded to the next level.

Please email me on reaching the next level.

Kind Regards,

Rachel (site admin).

OK but ....

The avatars seem like a bit of harmless fun so I've no problem with the idea but A, why can't TVs choose long hair and B, why do we have the option for facial hair? Trannys with beards are such a turn off lol

RE:Avatars are here!

I like em. Please please please can you throw in some free socks, my feet are freezing!!!

You encourage members to add fotos, but then encourage them to hide behind a stupid cartoon character, make your mind up ! What use is an Avatar anyway? What was your reasoning? Come on tell us if you can , many of us must be fascinated.img src="imagesadultemoticons025.gif" img src="imagesadultemoticons025.gif"

I like the avatar

Sorry to all those who dont like the avatars but i find mine fun. There should be an option to disable it for those who find it a waste of time!

RE:àvatar s a nuisance

What is the point of Avatar other than to make the site cheap and tacky ?

Yes get rid of them they serve no purpose. A big NO here!

RE:RE:àvatar s a nuisance

A BIG NO HERE GET RID NOW!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Avatars a nuisance

A big NO HERE TOO...JUST CANT SEE THE POINT OF THEM...GET RID NOW.!!!!!!!!!!

RE:Re: Re: Re: Avatars a nuisance

A pain in the proverbial. Especially the way we're encouraged to choose more 'gizmos' for our avatars every time we hit the home pagescreen. Come on guys - get rid of this childish nonsense - it serves to denigrate your site's credibility!

RE:Avatars are here!

img src="imagesadultemoticons008.gif" img src="imagesadultemoticons014.gif"