Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

Genuine or not so genuine that is the question!

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Does anyone feel that some profiles are not genuine - perhaps some saddos pretending to be female or a couple when they are not ,suppose it is there way of getting off! Just recently I have had my suspicions on responses I have received! Anybody else feel the same?

Re: Genuine or not so genuine that is the question!

This thread is a repeat of so many more in this forum so I will repeat what I have posted elsewhere.................

Timewasters are always a problem with a free site. You will always get those that return from the pub and think it is a good idea to "play around" on their PC and sign up because there is no cost to them.

This site runs with a second membership level (premium) and the fact that someone has chosen to upgrade their membership is an indication that they are not timewasters. After all, why throw money at "playing around".

Suggest you look for the premium membership stars when searching - that is one way of spotting those that are genuine. Those that have met and played with others who are tagged as genuine swingers will also be tagged as such on the site (premium and free members) so that is another way of sorting the wheat from the chaff. And a lack of photos on a non premium members profile (or at the least an offer of them as soon as contact is made) is often a good indicator that something is not 100%

As others have said on these forums - avoid the one line ads and replies. If you can't make the time and effort to put together a worthwhile advertintroduction you don't deserve worthwhile response!

All admin in the hub can and do spot obvious fake profiles and fail them before they are displayed. Other profiles are borderline and are passed BUT if any members spot a fake, bring it to admins attention. It can soon be deleted and that is what the "report this profile" tag is for.

Yes there are some sick people out there but there also very many good ones - we know we meet them.

Advertisers - help yourselves - improve your profile, the more detail the better, include photos (and not cock shots - they are the last thing to be shown - they are as interesting as a photo of your car) and let others realise that you are serious.

i have photos up and have spoken to people on cam and i still get called a fake what more can i do

Well the reason for me starting this post was that I had been contacting a'couple' but became 100% convinced that I was talking to a bloke!!!!! perhaps it's just me. You look very real Barbie!!!

The best thing I can suggest is to get very early telephone contact and put it in your profile that you want that. In barbie's case that will stop you being called a fake and in chaz's case that will put your mind at ease.

It is easy to sit and type in a PC but not so easy to fake a voice!

Cheers - thanks for your advice it's also good to know that you take an interest concern!!!

hi i am a genuine guy looking for ladys and couples in kent the other month some one got to my profile and changed it the first i new about it was a e- mail saying thank you for changing your profile and because i had not been on line for a few days i dont know how many people saw it and put them right off me so i was a little peved

The only way someone can change your profile is if you have given them your password. The hub is secure, and a profile can only be accessed by an admin or by logging in as you. I would reccomend making your passwords something obscure.

dirtydavid

I cant see the point in people pretending to be someone they are not. Yes they maybe can get someone to talk sexy to them but thats about it, they certainly cant meet.

Well it's probably their way of getting a cheap thrill a bit sad really but suppose it takes all types!

It always helps credibility when people have images uploaded ;)

Gaucho means images of thewmselves.

We had to trash a load of images last week that people had scanned from magazines!

People should be aware that if they use fake images - ie from books and magazines and other websites - they can be prosecuted - every movement on the web is traceabkle, and if the owners decided to pursue you, we would be obliged to help them.

Just because an image is in the public arena, doess not mean that anyone can use it. All images are the property of the photgrapher, unless heshe passes the ownership to someone else.

David

The best thing I can suggest is to get very early telephone contact and put it in your profile that you want that.

What happens about malicious calls then? Have you had any complaints of such?

I would tend to use an email as I could block the sender and report it to the ISP.

Mark

I used to go to MIRC a lot. I reckon 80% of 'women' were men on there (at least in the more interesting channels) I really never know why they bothered.

A difficult problem, I'm sure that most of us are genuine however the few that are not can spoil things for the majority.....for example Ive put my real age on my profile....63.... (do't believe it myself actually but unfortunately it's true)

The delema is this, I don't get replies, so should I lie about my age? which as I'm young in my attitudes and ways wouldn't matter. Is it that the 45 and occassional 50 somethings are really 60 something and looking for younger people?

Surely us oldies should be "in there" and proud of it.

and if any of you would like to make contact and confess to your real age I'd not only be forgiving but delighted as well. There are lots of great things to do at our age, even massage to ease those aches.

Best wishes to all

Richard