Home > Forums > Soft Swap (Fetishes and Other)

definitions of soft swinging...

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

We have added this soft swingsoft swap section due to popular demand from you guys. So, to get the ball rolling, we'd like to know your own definitions of what soft swinging means to you... What boundaries do you and your partner have for soft-swapping? Would you progress to full swap with the right couple?

Please tell us any experiences, positive or negative, that you have of soft swap. Your posts could help nervous newbies break themselves into the scene and start a fun-filled life of swinging! ;-)

Re: definitions of soft swinging...

I am curious why there have been no responses to this.

For me, the use of fire provides a good analogy. Fire can provide warmth, comfort, light, and more interesting cooking. However, mismanaged it can be highly destructive.

At home cooking, I may use a hot flame to searing or speed cooking depending on the food. Other times, like a fine sauce, it requires lower heat and a constant stirring or, for a good roast, a more indirect, slower cooking to bring out the juices and flavor. On the home stove, the fire is safe as long as watched and not left unattended.
(to be continued)

Re: definitions of soft swinging...

(continuation of fire analogy)

A campfire (or fireplace) is more demanding for the cooking but is more convivial and can be enjoyed without cooking. It provides light, warmth, and comfort but may require more planning and imagination. For example, I like to plan my campfire so that it starts off with a minimum of fuss, builds to a flame for light and initial heating requiring high heat but results in good coals for more controlled cooking if needed. I like to plan it so that, as the campfire ends, the fuel is all burnt down to light ash and easily put to bed for the night. This requires timing the size of the fuel (reducing down to light kindling or tinder at the end) and stoking it so that the unburnt portions are used. Sometimes, I will build and bank coals for making a good start in the morning. The best campfires are shared with just a few good friends swapping stories and experience.
A bonfire is a wilder party event with lots of flame and activity. There may be quieter action on the sides but, in general it is more frentic.
It should be obvious I prefer the campfire with friends.