Home > Forums > Newbie (General Chat)

Advice for somone considering BDSM

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi there,At the moment I am heavily considering getting into BDSM. I've always wanted to try these things but all the relationships that I've had before have been very vanilla. I am a 25 year old male that's interested in dominating a woman.I'm quite nervous about reaching out to somebody of this website or others for sex so I was hoping that somebody here could give me come very candied advice about how to go about that if i choose to, what to expect and what the risks concerning things like public exposure, cat fishing, meeting dangerous individuals and STDs ect.Thanks

IF you are truly considering BDSM, I strongly suggest you clarify to yourself whether you want to be Dominant, or to be Dominating a woman.   There's a world of difference.  Are you abusive, the one who pushes his sub to go just a bit further, while sticking to her limits?

If Dominant is your thing, there are many resources out there.  Some good books (can't recommend any, I don't know them well) and fet sites.  The fetish room in the chat rooms would be a choice, or there are other places that are more focused on the fet life.