Home > Forums > Visiting the UK (Holiday Meet-up)

UK Canal Barge Holiday summer 2019

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi All, and I thank the forum for allowing me to make these comments. Neither my wife or any of my friends wish to join me for either a short or extended exploration of the UK canal network. I live in Australia now but grew up in the UK in Hertfordshire and very close to the Lea Navigation Canal and have a great desire to to spend an extended period next year on a canal barge and seeing what it is all about. My time available is for 1 to 3 months during summer and covering any part of the 2000 mile UK canal network that anyone would like to share. I would prefer female company with NSA to the whole situation and the Canal Barge would have separate sleeping arrangements if required. I am a reasonably good cook and would just like to "tick this bucket off my list". I love most music, love to dance and sing. I love a good pub lunch and a drink and meeting interesting people. I am not offering a "free ride" here but am open to sharing cost on a what we both feel is fair arrangement. This is a genuine offer to share some fun with someone who may be in a similar situation. I would love to find someone +- 3 years from my age but please if you are under 50 please do not reply......