Home > Forums > Advice (Gay)

coming out

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

hey am gay and have known this 4 a while but am unsure about whether 2 come out...most of my friends are anti gay and i just need sum advice..........any ideas?

Re: coming out

Come out, be yourself.

"Friends" who are anti-gay shouldn't be encouraged as friends whatever your actual or perceived sexuality.

And the bizarre thing is that a lot of men who are rampantly and viciously antigay are sometimes experiencing doubts about their own sexuality, and have to eagerly demonstrate their macho anti-gayness, when in fact they are lost, themselves.

The other possibilty is to move house, or create a new separate set of friends where you have a different personality. What's to stop you visiting a few gay clubs or putting an ad or two in the paper or on a site.

Once you've moved in a different circle and feel relaxed you can then decide whether to come out.

By the way, I'm hetero, so maybe I'm talking twaddle.

RE:coming out

Relax, I was very bi since school, now i am older, I am more gay than straight, most of my friends know I like guys, most other men, secretly do, most of the guys I meet are married, who want male on male fun, withought the wife or girlfriend knowing, Regards Mark. img src="imagesadultemoticons008.gif" img src="imagesadultemoticons008.gif"

RE:RE:coming out

Hi I came out as bi about 2 years ago and friends and family were all good, but im still yet to explore my bi side, waiting for the right moment I guess, but still confused about the whole situation.img src="imagesadultemoticons008.gif"

RE:coming out

Coming out can seem a bit daunting. What makes you say that your mates are 'anti gay'? Sometimes laddy banter can appear like that but often it is bravado and what they think their mates would want to hear. You might be surprised if you talk to them individually that it doesn't really make a difference. I have often heard from people how surprised they were that it was a bit of a non event when they told people. It is important to balance that with the down side that means that you might find some people who might be anti but then you have to consider if they are really true friends?

Friendship should be about you and your personality and the things you do for your friends not what you do when your in bed.

Coming out

I felt the same. When I came out I was overwhelmed by the offers from my so-called straight friends. A lot of them will no doubt be feeling the same!img src="imagesadultemoticons019.gif"

RE:Coming out

It's often no where near as bad as you build it up in your mind, at the end of the day most people just don't care.