Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

How do you stop people lying and spreading rumours?

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi,

I've just had a reply from a woman stating that she had been warned that I was a time waster. This is not true, but it appears that someone or a group of people are spreading lies about me.

This is very annoying when you pay to become a genuine member of a site, and then have rumours and lies spread about you that stop replies to your messages.

If the people who have spread those lies and rumours wish to discuss it, then here I am - face me if, and show me the supposed evidence of your accusations - if not, then shut up, and leave me alone to get on with things.

For the record:

I am not a time waster, I like to chat a little bit before I agree to meet - I would never meet straight away for safety's sake, and also out of politeness. I want to know a little about the person or persons I am going to meet before hand.

I have always met when and where arranged, and never stood anyone up.

I have met people - I am not just here for the chat.

If I say I will travel a substantial distance, then I will - and I have done this several times in the past.

Thank you for your time.

Re: How do you stop people lying and spreading rumours?

The Malicious Communications Act 1988 is a British Act of Parliament that makes it illegal in England and Wales to "send or deliver letters or other articles or means of media for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety".

A High Court judge in England has awarded £10,000 in damages, and over £7,000 in costs against a woman, a college lecturer, found to have committed libel through her postings to an internet message board.

In a nutshell, people gotta be pretty careful what they say.

Re: How do you stop people lying and spreading rumours?

easy just cut their tounges out by an angry dogger darren137