Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

New Chat Room

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

OK. It's here. I logged in this morning to see howls and boos. But after a few minutes sussing it out my opinion is that its actually better. You can't whisper, you can't pm someone and cut across what they're typing and unless you ask permission or tell someone you're going to pm, you'll go unnoticed.
Now remember the amount of people in the old room screaming that they'd been pm'd. Not happening now. Its removed a major source of grief yet people are still unhappy.
My advice.....use the chat room for a couple of weeks, inform admin of any glitches and errors you come across then see what you think.
There's no point just blundering in and whinging without making a constructive criticism and offering a solution.

Re: New Chat Room

Well sorry but we don't like it.
Yes there are some good things, the fact you can't be pm'd all the time is the thing that comes to mind...BUT.

1. It's too 'in your face' and with all the coloured fonts it is enough to bring on a migraine headache.
2. You can't see at a glance whether you are talking to a single male or female, or a couple. Peeps see our name and assume (wrongly) it is a single guy. they actually have to read the profile to see its not...
3. The room selector (top right) is too small. As you scroll down to other rooms you cannot easily tell where you are - Couples and bi....
4. Don't like having to go to separate room to be on cam and only to premium members. Ok let 'classic ' member have a peek but have a fade system to induce them to upgrade. Also don't like the acceptreject feature. There should be a button on our screen to say 'block this user from seeing you' which we could use if a viewer becomes a pest, not have to ask if we can watch.

All in all we are not happy with it. I've just changed my profile from single guy to couple, my lady wants to get her feet wet gently, this was to have been the ideal way.

Mrs and Mrs SussexRob

Fair points there Donatello! I must admit I was one of those screaming and booing! But as you say, just take time to get used to the changes and it's not as bad as it first seems and some of the changes are very good once you get used to how it all works! I guess we all resist change!!

The only points I have to make after using the new room for a few days is as follows:

1. There is no way of telling whether a profile is a single guy, fem or couple except if you click on their name on the list. A minor irritation I know, but in the old system it said next the name as it appeared in the room.

2. If you leave your pc for a minute or 2, you can't scroll back and pick up the thread of what's being said, there is only about 30 seconds worth of chat stored now.

3. Allowing cam's in the pub? what is the cam room for then? normal chat sometimes gets interrupted by people discussing what is on someone's cam and directing them what to do. Not really what you want in a chat room.

4. Having to ask permission to view cams. If someone is putting on a show in the cam room, they have to keep stopping to allow people to see them. If you leave the room and go back. you then spend time asking people for permisiion to view them all over again. In the old system, if you didn't want people to see your cam, you could just block them.

5. I would suggest that the cam room should be just that i.e. no cam = no entry

My only other gripe was allowing classic members access to all the rooms, I started using the old Vid chat to get away from the fakeys, but now they have access to all rooms. However, I see from the admin posts that a prmium only chatroom is on it's way, so someone is taking notice! lol

So I would say to all the people moaning about the changes ( I was one of them!) give yourself time to suss everything out and get used to how the new features work, You will find that the changes definately enhance the enjoyment of the chatroom.

no need to moan now , u can use the old chat room still , even though loads have left and the new chat rooms are empty , lol , why change a good thing

1. There is no way of telling whether a profile is a single guy, fem or couple except if you click on their name on the list. A minor irritation I

I mailed admin and they have said anyone who mails them with a suggestion to improve the site gets noted. The gender tags are on the way.

hi donatello- Bigmomma here - cant access now- pleaas email me

Done it hun. Hope it helps
x

i cant get into the new chat either tells me its for prem members and i am 1

It may be a case of clearing out your cache and checking you have the latest java updates. It worked for me.
Hope it works for others

Tend to agree with everthing Sussexrob says. Also the layout needs some work with the right hand column showing the rooms virtually useless because it is too narrow. Everyone crowds into the one room because you can no longer see how many peeps are in each room.

this whole chat and this site is full of crap they say its free to join they forget to tell you once you join nothing is free so what the hell is good about this chat or this site

hi any guycouples wont to chat to meet up for fun? im not a member? contact me im blond fit and up for it??

Hey the Don I cannot seem to access the new chatroom I am missing on gossip. Help

Hey mamba. The new super chat is for premium members only. The old chat is still on for classic members.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on old chat then click on start chatting in the next window.