Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

More on unread messages

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi, Further to what "Mary2uk" wrote about, we have posted to 16 couples and 19 single guys. Of the 16 couples, 10 have read their messages and 1 has replied. Of the single guys, 2 have read and 2 have replied. It seems that there are many folk who dont bother to check their mail and quite a few who cannot be bothered to even send a, "No thanks." "2s company" has an auto reply, as do we and we think it would be nice if everyone did the same. The swinger scene is not easy to play and I feel sorry for single guys who may never get a reply. We always reply, even to folk who didnt bother to read our ad properly, unless its insulting. Regards, Jose & Gloria.

Re: More on unread messages

We never read message from single men. Simply because we stated on our profile here and on other sites very explicit that we do not want to get contacted by single men, we are simply not interested. Somebody who ignores that shows a lack of respect towards our peivacy as a couple hence doesn't deserve the courtesy of an answer.

Wolfycande

Hi Wolfycande,
We were not suggesting that couples who are looking for couples should answer mail from single guys. The whole point we were trying to make is that there are so many people who do not read their messages and even more who cannot be bothered to reply. Of course if some are daft enough to ignore, or not bother to read a profile properly, they do not deserve a reply. We hope you agree with some of that.

J&G

I agree 100%. The lack of response night also have to do with the fact that the site is realtivly new. To build a considerable memberbase (of serious members) takes some time.

Wolfycande

I agree with the posters here. First thing anyone should do is read profile very carefully. So many guys just send one liners or can be considered rude. But if a respondent sends a friendly courteous reply - if the mail is opened - the advertsider should send either send auto reply or thanks but no thanks etc. Many mails arent opened because people dont need any more contacts for time being or simply have lost interest (or are timewasters). Serious swingers will & should always reply to well worded replies. It just takes patience but can be off putting for newbies or curious. xxxx

i always reply even if it isnt a match of what we have said we are looking for, if someone can show interest and send mail to chat then il reply politely though if it starts to become lots of emails from same person after iv said my version of thanks but no thanks then il ignore it but to me its common manners to answer people as soon as i can though sometimes it might be 4days before i reply

Hi Wolfecande,

Not sure what would be considerd a new site, we first joined over a year ago when there were only a handfull of members in Spain. Coming back to it recently, we were quite amazed at the ammount of people now registered, but sadly so few appear to be up for much else than teasing or just not having any real interest. We know that there are many who think that swinging sounds like fun (it can be) and only want to play at it and so many older couples who think about it as a new pleasure, but seem to have come into it too late to take the plunge.
We are not "hardened swingers" by any means, but we are ready to do the bis with anyone we can get along with and we are not into the "Soft" side of it at all. If we go to the club, we always find someone to play with one way or the other, that is our rule.

Happy swinging to all, J&G