Home > Forums > The Lounge (General Chat)

Do people think?

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Since my (and perhaps your) lifestyle choices are going to be viewed by most as 'limited-interest' (what a nice and gentle way to put it). I would be fascinated to hear from anyone who (ifwhen the word got out about their pastimes) got strange or surprising reactions from friends, colleagues, neighbours etc.
Here's my penny's worth:
I was in a club (by accident - long story) when I met up with a girl who knew about me and my ex. She was sat with about a dozen workmates (all female) with ages ranging from 20 - 40 (ish). So the conversation turns to me and my apparently odd sexual pastimes.
The usual responses ensue:
"OOH, how could you let other men... etc."
"I could never be with a man who was so inadequate that he needed other men... etc."
Every woman had an opinion - and none were in any way positive.
When I got a chance I explained carefully my particulat take on the subject.
1. The absence of any inadequacy on my part.
2. The fact that we (me and whoever I'm with) see it as using others as sexual-enhancements (like some couples use toys and suchlike, we use consenting people.)
3. How I'm cool with my partner picking someone for sex provided I'm present at all times. (which means that they have the benefits of a secure relationship with all the perks of being able to fuck someone they fancy purely for fun if they choose.)
4. I expalined how this is one thing that turns me on and that once their chosen 'plaything' has done his thing - I'd be on 'em like a rash (excuse the bad pun) till lunchtime! "GRRRRRRR!!!"

Suddenly the mood changes and each one - without exception - says that this sounds actually quite reasonable and although they themselves would never dream of such behaviour they now understood it.

The subject moves on to other things but here's the kicker...
Throughout the night I would occasionally find myself alone; at the bar, coming back from the toilet etc. Always there would be one of the girls from this table waiting for me - alone and figety.
They explained that they daren't say it in front of their friends but they just wanted to tell me what a bloody great idea it all was and that they wished they could try it (all seemed to be in relationships at the time).

(Don't worry, this isn't one of those bullshit tales where the hero bonks the daylights out of all the ladies - I didn't touch one of them.)
Nevertheless, the point is that over half took the time to share, privately, their support and encouragement with me.

They ARE out there - but it sure is one big closet they're all hiding in!

Re: Do people think?

Yeh but there's still a lot of bs in our supposedly modern society concerning the way we're supposed to cunduct ourselves. Admittedly a lot of it's still around for general safety of all. But, as far as i can work out, the commonly understood mainstream sexual ethic is still coming down hard women (pun intended) about appearing to be slutty enjoying sex. (... which is pants cos it means there's less sluts out of thier closet for us (mainly) straight guys to enjoy as part time companions...:P )
Probably something to do with those commandments that were long ago passed down from the heavens to a bunch of political and religious hustlers who happened to be all alone at the top of a mountain at the time....

Thinking about it, I don't think i've ever used the word slut as a cuss. Has anyone reading this ? Come on, own up if you have...

... but anyways, do people think ?