Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

The how to identify time-wasters guide!

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Using your experience as your knowledge base, detail how you identify time-wasters.

There is the friends network, which is useless for new people to the site, because they dont have any friends yet!

So lets construct a newbie super-guide for all the newbies out there!

Since im not skilled in identification (yet) this might be wrong, but i think irregular hours online & a general lack of good communication (ok they really COULD be dumb & horny) highlights unreliability.

Ill lets someone with more experience add to this.

Re: The how to identify time-wasters guide!

i am quite new to this.i have send out quite a few e-mails and only had 3 auto reply saying not looking at this time so i am getting peved off ,so if you can tell a time-waster it would be good but some people like me donot know quite what to put in there profile or what to put in a e-mail to someone i have kept some short and sent some longer ones and still no joy or no one likes me
so any tips would be a great help

I'm the same. I've been a member of the site for a while now and sent out loads of mails, always attaching a picture and a hotmail address to reply too if their not premium members. So far, I have only had one reply! And that was a turn down, but at least they had the decency to say no thanks.

Am I a time waster? NO. How do you identify them? I'm not sure, but I'm getting the impression that what ever I write must come over as one.

Any top tips anyone???

Just wanted to say that irregular hours online are not always a sign of timewasters.

Many people may, like me, work a 24 hour shift pattern which includes nights so therefore cant get online at the same time every day.

I think the site is generally more difficult for single men casue the ladies and couples must get a mountain of replies and therefore whilst i too am frustrated when i dont get a reply i understand it might not necessarily be cause the people are wasting time.

Hope this helps

David

Oh yes i forgot people work shifts (^.^)

no i ment more the "talk with you latertommorrownext muesday"
& the never show up.

I think it's all pot luck - I have met some great people but agree it can be frustrating when no reply comes. You have just got to keep at it!

Did you guys read any of the newsletter material about your profile, and how to get a better response rate? Yes it's true, there will always be more men than women on the prowl. But you have to admit in the pub or wherever you might be chatting up a girl, your opening line is they key to success - how many girls would fall for the old "have you got ten pence?" line. Things need to be new and innovative to get yourself noticed.

Well I still think it works you have obviously got to think about your profile and also what you write to people - one liners don't work or do they?

You may as well not write anything if you are going to write a one-liner...

They have never worked for me, best to keep it chatty and friendly in my view and you can judge what more to say once you get a reply - too much info on likes and dislikes can put people off to begin with. After all it is a two way street so to speak!

i agree with u there is nothing more annoying than one liners

i also wouldlike to say that u can spend alot of time and money on time wasters and have i had a few. another thing that annoys me is auto messages

One Liners: Usually men and this is how most profiles read

1.I want to have fun. - HELLO! Get real who is going to reply to a ad that just say I want to have fun. It is like they can't think of anything else to say and everybody already said it. Be more original then people might actually reply to your messages.

2. I want to have sex. - No Way, who would have thought that. I don't know if this is more pathetic or the one above.

3. Looking for NSA fun. - There is the word FUN again. Can't even write out NSA to make the one liner longer.

People use your brain cells and write something that is true to you. You never know you might just score tonight.

i agree with clapham couple, people should bother to at least put some info in their profiles. I mean who is on here not looking for sex? :)

I think when you have put a lot of effort into contacting someone and definitely not 'THE ONE LINER' then to get the standard no thanks auto reply is really very unfair and very very rude - probably as bad as not replying at all. Of course we are all looking for the same thing - or are some people on here with no intention of meeting and just looking for some sort of cheap thrill??? What do you all think?!

i arranged tomeet a couple of guys arranged it for a couple of weeks talked alot arranged a hotel payed for it then on the night im sat there and they didnt turn up they made there excuses on my email how bloody annoying is that hate time waster should be banned from the site.

What a real pain for you it's not only the waste of money but the feeling of being messed about after the excitement and anticipation.....it wouldn't happen with me I'd definitely show up!!!!

well we know chaz is not a timewaster and he knows we are not. Have sent you an email chaz - meet again soon?