Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

Need a definition

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

What does pm mail mean?

Re: Need a definition

pm= private message

or instant message- ie sending someone a pm in the chat room, where you click on the username you want to chat to, then click pmprivate message, and you can chat individually
Same as instant message on messanger, or yahoo messenger communicator

you might hear people saying please dont pm without asking - this means in the chat room they are there to chat to everyone, and will only entertain private messages if someone asks them first- otherwise they appear as annoying pop ups if you dont want to chat to someone!
hope this helps, check the help section and in chat for advice on what all the abbreviations are

xx

Thank you for your helpful definition. Ad

Quote "and will only entertain private messages if someone asks them first- otherwise they appear as annoying pop ups if you dont want to chat to someone!
..unquote

Asking someone for a pm in the chat room is also not just on the introduction page stated as a chat room rule, it is also very annoying just to jump in someones box while they are talking as it often interupts other pms that are open.

just a question of respect I guess xXx

Thanks for that Lurve. Next time i'm in the chat room my 1st message will be hi before anything else.

your welcome Animal... and go easy on perving my profile... "winks" img src="imagesadultemoticons004.gif"

Sorry about that, it is just such a good profile! Shame you are all that way up North.

Sorry about that, it is just such a good profile! Shame you are all that way up North.

Erm my profile sounds like an obituary and I've heard they have built these things to make travelling easier now... ooo what are they called again.... roads!!!! pmsl xxx

Travelled a long distance to meet a woman in York, but she never turned up. There were other guys who had arranged to meet her there as well, so I am a bit cautious about travelling long distances when there is no one to meet at the other end.img src="imagesadultemoticons001.gif" img src="imagesadultemoticons004.gif"

img src="imagesadultemoticons004.gif"
i love this one.
There is a facility on the options to reject private chat! Why don't people use it? The Adult hub have obviously spent money on putting it there but no one uses it even when they are reminded it exists.
Imagine if people had reject private chat activated from the moment they entered the room. how peaceful things would be!

To be honest I am aware that the option is availiable to reject PM's but I see it like this.....
A, why should I have to remove the option for people who I actually do want to pm me to be able to? And yes you could say why not pm them instead but there are certain people that i want to pm without asking.
and 2 (or B whichever way I did it lol), If someone doesnt have the curtousy to ask you for a PM then is that really someone who you want to meet? I used it as a good way to find out who had manners in there.
and Finally.....
The site has also spent time and money devising a list of rules as you log into the chat room.... and I quote "Do not private message someone without getting their permission in the main chat room first."
Says it all really doesnt it?

If you have a fly buzzing round the room and landing on food you swat it or you use fly spray. either way you eliminate the problem.
You can of course ask the fly not to buzz round the room but its not going to work.
i think the maxim 'prevention is better than cure' is a good one here.
if people refuse to reject private chat they have to expect people to break the rules and pm them. its a fact that rules dont apply to everyone, some abide by them, others use them as guidelines and some just dont bother with them.
kinda gives people the power to either deal with it themselves or waste a heck of a lot of time complaining about a problem thats as old as my pants doesn't it?