Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

Just a simple "no thanks" sometimes

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

After contacting a lot of people through this site and others, it seems that simple courtesy is almost non-existent. Some do use the reply options to politely turn you down whilst many others, it seems, don't even look at your profile or can't be bothered to open the message.
As one of the majority (single men) in the least sought after group I put some effort into scripting my mesages and would appreciate an acknowledgement of some sort, even if it no thanks

Re: Just a simple "no thanks" sometimes

Well said that man!

totally agree. site is a complete waste of time and money to be honest...time to look elsewhere.

I agree and I try to do this when perhaps unsuitable people who haven't read my profile reply but I'm afraid one or two gentlemen who reply rudely with a "well you could have put it more nicely" email spoil it for the rest of you.

I always ask for a face pic to be sent and kind of figure that if someone hasn't bothered to read my profile, why should I read theirs? Ladies get as many as 20 emails a day and don't always have the time to open all the profiles.

Courtesy is important though x

kernow and Lilly, you both make good points: If you make an attempt to be original, i find that, personally, i do get more replies, even if it is just a "No Thanks", still there are those who do not look at profiles properly, or those that willfully ignore the no single males tagline, and in this case you cannot expect an answer. Still, if the girls, who clearly have the pick of the litter, do not look or reply, so what? Its not as if you chose to contact them based on their social skills....

I think everyone have valid points. However it perhaps has gotten to that stage with guys where the few bad apples has stained all of us. And yeh don't let those bad apples spoil it for us, but i think that has already happened as couples and single females especially are extreemly weary.

I've had a few fun meets on here but as I stay longer the fun seems to be more and more slowly sapped out of it all.

i totally agree I only send mails to any profiles that I seem to fit,out of the 15 in total i have sent, only 5 opened out of those 5, 4 no replies and 1 one line reply with her address and she has never been on ? so what is the poiint of it all

Would just like to add to all you single guys who are finding that courteousy is a foreign concept to most people on here it's not just you singles who suffer. As part of a couple I am totally fed up of taking the time to contact people only to be ignored. Obviously swinging and good manners don't go hand in hand!

i totally agree I only send mails to any profiles that I seem to fit,out of the 15 in total i have sent, only 5 opened out of those 5, 4 no replies and 1 one line reply with her address and she has never been on ? so what is the poiint of it all

I agree, have just joined lately, out of 429 in gallery selected 12, of which 3 want payment.
But witten that on my profile that I may be wasting my own time.
I maybe better off looking physically around me in the area I live

yes, it isn't just single males that don't get replied, as a couple we have had plenty of people not reply to us, but just as we have also been unable to reply to everyone who mails us as we are inundated!
A lot of the time we find that even if someone has taken the time to write a detailed mail, they haven't actually taken the time to read our profile and find out if they actually fit into what we're looking for.
Some even forget they have mailed us and send similair scripted mails later.
It is a shame that so many single guys spoil it for the genuine ones, but take the time to research who you're mailing, and remember that they can't always reply to everyone- it can get tiresome sifting through the usual culprits who haven't read your profile.

You should also change you profile pics- as a single male,you shouldn't have partners in your photos - take the ones of that have girls in them, and be a bit more imaginitive with some new ones of you and you might have more luck, but again, couples and girls looking for single guys are in the minority so can afford to be as choosy as they like!

sorry! good luck!

Totally agreeing with the lack of courtesy.
We are a genuine couple and have mailed many couples and single females - and they just simply do not reply.
We try our best to click the thanks, no thanks (even for single guys!) it is quick n easy and we would expect the same.

All I can suggest is that there is no way of telling a free member from a genuine member - so it may be that they simply CANNOT reply!

Very relevant points put across by eveyone who replied!!

As a single male, I try to be courteous if I have had a reply and want to politely decline. the accusation of some women about "cockshots" when they are displaying all and sundry is quite contradictory.1st of all, this is a public site and while some may feel safe displaying there faces - others are not and anyway you can always do that with private emails later on after youve made contact.I know that some are not "up" on the Photo-transfer technology - so to speak - but I prefer a photograph - of sorts and am maybe guilty of not "going to" profiles without one!!.There is also - I feel - too much "procrastination" on this site - where many are simply "waiting" for someone to "reply" to them or "enquire" about them and are not out there actively "seeking".It doesn't cost that much time or effort to be polite - and a "thanks but no thanks" is always appreciated.I have always found that the more genuine your profile is - the more genuine the reply is likely to be!!.Yes this site is a minefield of human nature, so dont be surprised by the behaviour in the least!!.

good luck to everyone!!

Karl

All I can suggest is that there is no way of telling a free member from a genuine member - so it may be that they simply CANNOT reply!

By 'genuine' do you mean 'premium'? If so, the premium members have a star beside their name on their profile.

With regard to manners when it comes to replies, I think the general decline in manners and consideration within the nation as a whole has played a part in two ways.
The first way is with the people replying, or not, as well as people making the first move. A lot of people seem to have lost the ability to ask, or say 'please' and 'thank you', or to address customers as 'Sir' or 'Madam', or never had the ability in the first place. I know those examples aren't the most relevant, if at all, but it's part of the same, larger problem that society is becoming ever more rude, and not just in the good sense. Politeness costs nothing, but that's still more than some are willing to pay.
The second way is with the people making the first approach. As has already been mentioned, there seems a large community of people, mainly men, who are unable to comprehend what other people are looking for and will send out messages to anyone with the right genitalia. The public example which immediately springs to mind is the recent topic where a woman said she was fed up of cock shots and boistrous men and was looking for another woman, only for the only responses to come from exactly the types she was complaining about, who were either somehow offended that she may not like pushiness or were trying to persuade her that meeting them would solve her problem. If that's the type of thing women and couples have to put up with in their mail box, is it any wonder they may eventually take the attitude of 'fuck them' and stop responding to anybody they don't take an interest in, polite or not?
To some extent, the rudeness of the second group creates the rudeness in the first, but not entirely.

I think I was going somewhere else with this, but I've taken so long typing this much that I've forgotten what it was. I think it was to conclude that rudeness and inconsideration here is just an off-shoot of the same things in life in general which has seen a huge increase, and while the subject matter may exacerbate the problem, things won't improve here if the wider problem doesn't improve as well.

Lost: One train of thought. If anybody finds it, I'd be grateful for its return.