Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

no replies to messages

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

hi i have been trying to meet ladies through this site but do not get any replies.i explain what i like about there profile and that i would like to chat and arrange to meet if they are happy with my profile and they are willing to go further.i am now wondering if my messages are delivered at all as i am still a non premium member.if any females around lanarkshire or glasgow wants to send me a message to arrange a chat,even if its only to tell me where i am going wrong then that would be appreciated.cheers bigjock

Re: no replies to messages

Hi,

You can tell whether your mails have been read as the unread ones have a red "new" next to them. Ones without this have been read by the recipient... or by you if you've opened the email from your sent box.

What i find is that in most cases people will check your profile first, and only if they like that they open the email, which unfortunately means that you spend a lot of time writing mails which wont be read...

And if you send a flirt first to gauge whether the other person is interested without spending time writing an email, you'll then be hit with the "oh, you can be bothered to write a proper mail, so i'll just bin your flirt" attitude...

So, sometimes (well, quite often really) it seems like you can't win... but perseverance does pay off. There are some nice people on here.

Martin

Oh, and for every woman on here who is genuinely looking to meet men, there are probably 20 males and quite a few couples chasing her, so you have to use every weapon in your armoury.... That means a photo is a must!

Martin is right, girls get a lot of messages so a photo is really handy! It's too easy to just delete especially when wading through to find the good guys ;O)

Not too direct an approach is good, most girls don't want to put themselves in any danger so suggesting a meet in a car park in the middle of no where is a definite no for me personally, especially on the first email. Be direct about what you're looking for, your turn ons and offs and if you're going outside your postcode, how do you propose to meet? The guys who email me living 100 miles away generally don't get a reply I'm afraid.

Also I would suggest not copying and pasting the same message to every girl (we can tell!), make it personal, it on takes five minutes.

Best of luck

I've been wondering too about whether standard member emails get delivered. I'm a bit suspicious about putting my credit card details into these kinds of sites. Has anyone actually met someone through a standard membership? If not I think I'll just ditch this site and look somewhere else.