Home > Forums > Etiquette (Assistance and Etiquette)

Bareback – ‘No’ means that it is not negotiable

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

A strange occurrence, that thankfully was a first for us, and I hope it will be the last time it happens as well. But it did get me thinking.

We had arranged a get together with a couple for play –the first time we had played with them. We had agreed with them, in advance of actually meeting, that safe sex was a must and that condoms would be used for any penetration. However after we had been playing for a little while, and leading up to the point where I was just about to enjoy ‘a bit of cock’ from the husband, he ‘casually mentioned’ not just once but twice that he really preferred bareback sex and that it just felt so much better for everyone.

When I say that we had agreed on the use of condoms in advance, we had done it at least twice. When we exchanged emails exploring the possibility of a get together we started with condoms being essential together with other ‘deal breakers’ (all of which got a ‘we agree’ type of response) before discussing types of play that we enjoy. Then the next real step was the four of us getting together for a face-to- face getting to know each other chat over coffee. Thank goodness for a quiet Costa – you don’t really want someone at the next table overhearing you discuss whether she enjoys taking a strapon anally as much as he does, or exactly what he means when he says he would love to be given a ‘sound spanking’ because his wife doesn’t like to do that. As we finished or coffees I found a way to send the two boys off to do something or other to give his wife and I the chance for a private chat – I like to do that if I can, just to be certain that she is as keen to play as he is.

Before now we have come across couples who say that they do indulge in bareback sex with others, but they are equally happy with condoms if that is what we would prefer. But in all of our discussions with this couple, that wasn’t even hinted at – it was a straightforward ‘safe sex, condoms for all penetration – of course’!

So it did come as a huge surprise that the subject came up when all four of us were mostly naked and we had already had more than a little kinky fun. As soon as he said it I very quickly lost any confidence that he was trustworthy, and decided that there wouldn’t be any penetration that evening. Although I was tempted to immediately call an end to any play, we did continue in a more limited way – but it’s fair to say that none of us would have described the evening as a great success.

Thinking about it after the event one of the things that struck me was his wife’s expression when he brought up the subject – it led be to believe that it wasn’t the first time he had surprised play partners in this way. And it made me wonder if many other couples have encountered similar situations.