Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

Chatroom etiquette

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Do people on this site not understand chatroom etiquette or are they really as rude and ignorant as they make themselves appear?
As I understand it the rules are that you ask if you want to pm (private message) someone in the main chatroom. If you pm someone without permission then you risk the wrath of the chatroom monitor and being kicked out.
Today in the chatroom i continually asked someone for a pm, then tried whispering to them - absolutely no response whatsoever! All it takes is a simple 'no tks hun' etc. I risked the wrath of the chatroom monitor and pm'd them saying 'do you want to chat'. They replied back ok so i thought perhaps they don't understand how it works. Started chatting to them but got no response back, they ignored me then left the session and a few minutes later left the chatroom. A few minutes later they were back - I again tried to open up dialogue with them but totall ignored again.
If any couplesfems come on here to say it sounds like i was being a persistent pain i would respond 'well all they had to say was a polite no thanks or sorry not interested' and I would have left them alone.
I can't abide rude ignorant people! img src="imagesadultemoticons010.gif"
Manners cost nohing! img src="imagesadultemoticons003.gif"
Why can't the chatroom monitors start to do something about this? They monitor the chatroom - when they see anyone being blatantly rude or ignorant to pm requests perhaps they could contact that perosn and say 'respond or be kicked out'? It's only the polite thing to do!

Regards
Rick

Re: Chatroom etiquette

Hi Rick,

As the polite female of a couple,...:

Couldn't agree with you more......... however....

I think ppl who are new get a bit nervous when "it" actually starts to happen ( I know I used to, and didn't want to appear so, though I am soft so have always tried to be polite)!!

One might think one is ready to chat, but it kind of feels so personal pm'ing.....see, I am soft! lolol

Let's face it, our island nation has ceased to be a polite one, so one's skin needs to be thick....

Even if ppl have 'done it' before, each time is new and different, and it takes a while to bed in.....

OK, now I've given all the excuses, it's pretty much like chatting someone up in a bar, some you win etc....

Good luck!!

H&M