Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

How old are the ads on this site?

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I have emailed the webmaster on this and awaiting a response . . .
Fact - not one ad on here includes a date of when it was posted.
Fact - there is absolutely no indication on the site anywhere of how old an ad is so you could be looking at ads that are 2-3 years old or more!
Fact - when you look at ads you can view in order of how recently logged on but when was this? Today? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Last year?
Fact - these people could have posted this ads a long time ago and now no longer even be monitoring the responses. I suspect this to be the case and this is why you often don't receive replies to your messages.
Fact - I was on this site previously as a couple and have now rejoined as a single guy. An ad I placed on here over 18 months ago for me and my wife is still showing on here as a valid ad and has not been removed.
I suspect that the old ads are left on deliberately to make the site look busier than it is . . . fellow site members your thoughts please. Note to webmaster if you choose to remove this thread please quantify it with a response to my points.

Regards
Rick

Re: How old are the ads on this site?

Whenever the question of why there is no datestamps on profiles, and that many mails simply go unread, Admin always claim that profiles are removed after 3 months of inactivity.

Perhaps they'd like to comment....