Home > Forums > New site design (Site Features)

BlacklistBlock list

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Is there any way we can have a proper block list please? I know we have a blacklist that stops people from mailing you but it is becoming a chore now everytime you enter chat to put all the idiotstimewastersfake profilesabusive muppets on ignore, especially when you lose connection and have to start all over again!
Blacklist only stops them from mailing you, so when you go into the chat rooms they then start pm'ing you asking why you haven't replied etc. I just don't see the point of it to be honest. Thank you :)

Makes me laugh!

People are ALWAYS complaining and moaning about others in the chat room who are rude, moan all the time and direct people. Then someone suggests there should be a block list and although 6 people have liked and 40+ have read this not one person will comment.
If people don't agree and have their say then admin will do nothing about it! What is the point of moaning about them all the time if you don't want to do something about it.......oh yeah that's right you all just LOVE to complain and moan in the room to get attention!!!

RE:Makes me laugh!

I agree completely, instead of moaning then speak up! One thing though...maybe enhance the ignore function to include an option to block...and when you ignore it would be nice if it carried across logins, save you having to continually ignore the same people Which admittedly I rarely do...mentally ignoring works fine for me when necessary :) ).

When someone does have to block a user it should block the user in every way, email, chatroom (i.e. put them on ignore), and stop the blocked user from viewing your profile.

I think it's rare for people to have to block, so if someone does then they should be blocked completely.

Block lists

Many years ago in other forums (that still exist) on the internet we had block lists and sometimes joked among ourselves about who had the 'biggest' block list that were called killfiles.

In general from nearly 20 years on the internet, you only need block listskillfiles for really persistent offendersspammers, and trolls.

Generally in chat rooms trolls dont last long, as everyone picks up quicker and generally persuades others to choose ignore. They get bored and go away.

Few spammers really get in the rooms, from existing mechanisms automatic and monitors stops the worst, if you think this is bad I have seen many places where problems are many times worse. Yes they are prats and other wankers, but they get found out quick.

If you think we need permanent block lists you might end up with 1 or 2 entries that you will forget about after 2 weeks, Lots will ask how do you do that and get it wrong or put whole room on ignore img src="imagesadultemoticons017.gif"

On reflection...

I have thought a bit more and wish one thing could be implemented.

If you turn pms off the Private Chat option in the pop up menu is disabled for others, stops people complaining about the pm pop-ups occuring.

Then they will complain about no pms :-D