Home > Forums > Etiquette (Assistance and Etiquette)

Male Photo Advice

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi,

I was thinking about putting up a photo on my profile, but I’m not really sure what to put up. I don’t want to put up one with my face in it. Can anyone give some advice? What sort of photos do you all like the most to see?

Thanks

re Photo

I know the women get fed up of being confronted with cock shots so not one of those. I prefer to see ones that at least show the body clothed or not and you can hide your face by turning round or edit it before it gets posted. You should try and post something as lots of people may just pass your profile by without a picture. I have also added a face shot to my private media so if I do want to exchange pictures I can send it in a message on here and I don't have to give out my email address. Hope this helps and have a look at others to get some ideas...

photos

Agree with Enchantress something is better than nothing - Why not just blank out your face in the photo thats the best option and if you want to show something a bit more close up least others can check that out.. Having face photos inside your private media is one of the main features for it and a great idea

Need a shag next weekend FTS

Is anyone available in london for a quick? get in touch and we can arrange somethingimg src="imagesadultemoticons014.gif"

agree with photo

i personelly prefer to see the photo of a women whom i am interested with and i think same holds with women

Photo advice

I agree that a decent main profile photo is very important. Opting to have an avatar is worse than useless (in fact I dunno why this site introduced such a daft scheme: a blank space would have been more useful :-)

It's worth taking care to ensure than your photo is well composed, original in format, and (above all) complimentary :-) A shot taken in a mirror with a flash when you have a hangover, with piles of dirty washing etc visible in the background is a total turn-off.

If you've got no-one to take it for you in a nice setting, use a self-timer but take care to ensure that the lighting is good. If possible, take a series in which you adjust your facialbody angle each time, and simply choose the one that turns out best. Bin the rest.

I'm also reluctant to show my face. I was more or less forced by site admin to use the present one from among my verified media. My previous one was a tasteful semi-nude (no genitals) with my face blanked. I thought it was the most complimentary and was certainly not offensive. However, this site has some rather prudish "rules" about main photos. The thing that baffles me is that there are still many, many male profile pics still around that show the same amount of flesh as my old pic did. Why are these gents allowed to get away with it, whereas I was singled out? Do the gents in question just brazenly ignore site admin? I really don't know. Perhaps admin would like to comment about that.

RE:Photo advice

In response to your comment about people having avatars as their main profile pic. I agree its not ideal, however, having already been very close to getting burnt previously on here I personally could never put my picture up as my main profile picture. Its far too risky, besides, I like to "expose" my full identity after somebody has taken the time to introduce themselves and show a genuine interest in me not just my photo. The restrictions set for the photos are as you said quite erratic as are restrictions on blog and wall comments.

RE: Photo advice

Destiny65: 'Erratic' is an understatement.
Returning to the thread, I'd have thought it goes without saying that we all deserve an opportunity of presenting ourselves in the best possible light. For those who are not confident about their physique, then obviously clothed shots hide a multitude of sins, whereas some people are obviously going to get more attention if they have a decent bod and show it. I agree that showing genitals in main profile pics is not desirable, but the present rules are denying people the opportunity of showing their best features, and thus reducing their chances of getting noticed. Since I was forced to change my profile pic, I'm not getting half as many hits.

Photo advice

I guess I'm lucky (read that as reckless), but I am able to post pictures freely. If a friend or colleague spots me then they are in just as delicate a position as I am i.e. what are they doing perusing photos of Tgirls?
I totally agree with using the private pics function for the purpose of sharing face pics with less risk. Doesn't just have to be used for naughty shots.

I'm into other Tgirls and real girls, and do also find some of the guys attractive. When a face pic is not possible, I like to see as much of that person as they feel happy to post. The genitalia shots don't do it for me and give no clue about the real individual.

In terms of photos themselves, I just bought a Canon 550D DSLR which is a great piece of kit. Not only are the photos much better, but with tethered shooting to my PC monitor I can visualize the pic before taking it. So much easier and I'm definitely happier with the results than with my Sony Point-and-shoot camera.

xx

RE: Photo advice

RoslynCD: The tethered shooting option is a really useful suggestion. Thanks - might try it sometime when I upgrade my gear.

photos

as i am a nudist they would not allow a foto of me naked as my profile photo yet i have seen profile pics of men naked sporting an erection why are they allowed when they say my nude pics are to saucy for my profile pic im only showing myself as to the way i live there is nothing wrong with nudism i love it

RE:Photo advice

Hi Skebbie, We're not trying to single you out honest. Going through all the media and classifying what is suitable for the main profile image takes time for everyone on the site. We're trying to get around them all.

Thanks for posting the good advice about profile shots. I know that your are 10 times more likely to get a response if you have some form of profile pic, and obviously something tasteful will always work better (especially without the dishes!).

Photo advice

Hi Skebbie - the software with the Canon SLR was free with the camera and makes life so much easier. No more wandering backwards and forwards in heels to take another shot and not knowing the result until downloading the memory card. As well as tethered operation I can also use the infra-red remote control in conjunction with my PC screen. That saves using the mouse and allows a variety of delay times, but still with the resultant pic immediately showing up on my monitor.