Home > Forums > New site design (Site Features)

How many agree this new change to the site is a nightmare

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Is it just me?

Since the site changed it has ruined my enjoyment and lost its user friendliness completely.

I used to find the NEWS really helpful to see stuff that was relevant to me. Now it is a tedious task to trawl through loads of pictures I'm not interested in and comments I dont need to read to see if somewhere in all that stuff if something interesting for me.
I only have a couple of dozen or so friends on here so what must it be like if you've got hundreds.

Also it takes ages to download and I used to look at the browser version on my phone and now I cant do that because of all this stuff to download just to look for news. Same problem with the mobile version. Give us the NEWS back and let the wall be an option for those who want it.

I loved eswing until last week. I'm thoroughly disappointed and doubt if I'll renew my membership if it stays like this

Anyone agree?

RE:How many agree this new change to the site is a nightmare

Typically bits of this which are nothing to do with contacts have been deleted so it doesn't make sense. Get you act together eswingadulthub

Totally agree.

More of a downgrade than an upgrade. I will seriously be considering whether or not to renew if things do not improve dramatically. If they don't, I am no longer interested. Just too much hassle and too user-unfriendly.

new ppl joining

how can new joining ppl be local to us if we in south wales and they in bradford luton or west mids

upgrade

when will they learn that if it aint broke dont try and fix it. can normal service be resumed please.

RE:new ppl joining

how can new joining ppl be local to us if we in south wales and they in bradford luton or west mids

Hi debbie692
Thanks for the feedback. We're looking into the people near you feature, and will get back to you. I was updated recently so there may be a bug in it, which it sounds like unless Bradford has suddenly gotten closer to Wales since last week!
Mike

im new

Although I cannot upgrade atm it would be nice to read mail but not be able to reply until upgraded.

Not at all happy about the changes, very time consuming and confusing. What was an easy and enjoyable site to use has become a nightmare and time consuming!! Please get it sorted out and also sort out what you define as local to me. Southend is not near Lincolnshire!!

RE:RE:How many agree this new change to the site is a nightmare

Not at all happy about the changes, very time consuming and confusing. What was an easy and enjoyable site to use has become a nightmare and time consuming!! Please get it sorted out and also sort out what you define as local to me. Southend is not near Lincolnshire!!

Hi axor430,
Tomorrow we will release the update to make you and all other premiums VIP members allowing classic members full ability to read and reply to your messages. As mentioned in other posts, we are adding additional controls to the wall feature to filter out any stuff you don't want which will hopefully be ready next week.

Please understand that we have a small team and cannot design, develop, test and deploy changes overnight. We are genuinely trying to improve the site and can tell already that it has been generally well received based on the level of feedback and member interaction.

In the meantime until we have added the filters you'd like, you can just click on the Personal Details tab and you will never see a Wall again unless you want to.

Mike

RE:new ppl joining

we are in costaswing in spain and get updates from the uk!!!!

Look at the bottom of the page

What a nightmare. This site must have been designed by someone using an Amstrad 28****?? Why is it not possible to navigate the site without having to return to the original page? Look through the Gallery, look at a photo, open the Profile. Result?? You have to start all over again. Its pathetic, unprofessional and useless.

If you scroll to the bottom of the site page you can access the navigation directly from there and jump to the main section within the site - Having looked around a lot of large sites I think the navigation is very easy to follow

RE:RE:new ppl joining

we are in costaswing in spain and get updates from the uk!!!!

I don't understand that - I'm from Spain and only get updates relevant to me..

You should try contacting the help desk and ask them to look into this as I'm sure that shouldn't be happening

RE:Look at the bottom of the page

Your answer proved my point. Navigationuse of the site requires endless repeat procedures. Is it not possible to have a 'back' button facility to return to previous page? I realise that any posts that make anything other than a glowing admiration for the site will fall outside the guidlines and be refused, but this is not fault finding, simply a technical question. IMO the site falls down on this matter of being user friendly.

I have read this post and it does not breach the rules on posting.

RE:RE:RE:new ppl joining

last weeks updates showed only 1 couple from spain..And that was madrid!! thats 400km away from the costa del sol... All the others were UK and INDIA...which part of spain does INDIA come under!!!!

chengdu

i am at chengdu, i need one gile who want to have fun tonight

RE:chengdu

fantastic...another one from the eatern region looking for someone from Spain!!!!

chat

Haveing complianed about access to the chat board..can I thank you for reverting back to the original one....we are usually complaining about something so a big thank you for reverting back..If you have to do any maintenance just "Post" it and no complaints forthcomeing..cheers...c & aj...

RE:RE:A Mistake

i agree with your idea

My feedback in general

Instead of spreading specific comments across multiple threads, here are my thoughts...

Change will always gather user resistance, and often gain acceptance over time as it gets more familiar. But this new version is such a major change that even I feel in the present form it is a retrograde step.

Having to scroll the screen to the panel of interest for a quick view of recent activity, or even all the way to the bottom of the screen for the traditional navigation bar is completely unfriendly, especially on smaller screen devices like tablets and phones. Appreciate you were going for a modern look, but not having the navigation at the top of the page is dumb. On the plus side, the Home page panels do make some of the site features more obvious and remind people that they are there.

The link to get you to the main Relations page is missing from the Membership dropdown list, although the sub page of Blacklist is there. You either have to know the url of the page to get there, or wait for the hyperlinked comment to appear on your profile page. This needs fixing.

The forum landing page on the original site is better for being a list of main forum topic dividers as a collapsed list that can be expanded if needed. Now you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to get to this forum, or presumably use the search feature but that's even more of an inconvenience.

I'm sure there will be more that I will find as I try and use the new site more, but it is such a pain in the arse that quite frankly most of the time I can't be bothered. If I'm logging in to blog, chat or check messages I'd rather not have to drive around in unfamiliar territory.

Once last idea, regardless of the site version.. I often check the profile of someone who is blogging, posting on a forum or in a chat room just to get an idea of who they are. But that must litter a lot of people's lists with indications I'd viewed them but it doesn't mean I'm interested in them. I see people in my list that have obviously done the same, but again - I have no idea who they are so I have to view there profile and further compound the issue. In the cases I mentioned above I don't even know where they are located until I open their profile.

How about if a profile view in those instances didn't trigger an entry in the list but you had the option to press a button as you were looking at the profile to do so, indicating it was more than just a passing curiosity? A profile 'view' rather than a 'peek', if you will. Failing that, if the entry in the list was tagged with the section of the site the profile view was initiated from? One that came from a list of search results is then more obviously a serious interest.

Hope this all helps. I do appreciate the effort going in to trying to launch a new site version. You'll get there. I've been 30+ years in I.T. and as a qualified Business Analyst and developer I know all too well the issues of user resistance to change :-)

RE:My feedback in general

Just noticed another one as I went to manage my Friend Invites list, the membership status graphic that is placed vertically and to the left of the invited profile is obscured. If they are a Classic member you can just see the test 'ic' above the profile picture. Not sure if that's true for all screen resolutions. I checked it from my laptop at 1280 x 800. (I know that'll get asterisked out initially but I can't be arsed to type it all in words. I'm sure the devs will be able to read it even if it stays asterisked out to general view).

Also, I couldn't find a way on either of the site versions to remove a friend request that I'd made but the recipient obviously isn't going to accept. There's no feature on the list itself, and visiting their profile to click on the request button again just takes you back to the list. Also, harking back to my previous post.. that'll put me back on their 'Who has Looked' list with today's date again and if I'm only looking to remove a friend request I'm obviously not seriously interested in them.