Home > Forums > Etiquette (Assistance and Etiquette)

Bi-curiousity... in profiles

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Just browsing through the various profiles, I see a lot of guys (and some girls) describing themselves as "bi-curious". I'm sure it might mean different things to different people, but I was wondering what you would normally understand that to mean? Someone who would like to try it, but hasn't yet? (which would be what I'd understand it to mean), or something else? Someone who has tried it but is still not certain? Or just someone not sure enough to describe themselves as 'definitely' bisexual? I am bi, and quite happy with that label. It does not mean I chase everything in trousers, or skirts - just that with the right people, in the right place, I am comfortable (and enjoy) sex with both. I suppose I was also curious once.. but got over that! What do you think?

RE:Bi-curiousity... in profiles

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.
Some folk perhaps don't like to have the courage of their own conviction and call themselves just bi.

I tend to think that it's the way someone defines themselves if they feel that they are interested in, and would potentially like to try, a bisexual encounter, but haven't yet done so. The way I understand it is that it's literally curiosity, rather than active practice.

It's annoying either way, having to perform seperate searches for "bisexual" and "bi-curious"! If you're happy to contemplate sucking sausage or munching minge, just put bisexual and make everybody's lives easier. You'll probably be happier with yourself, too.

I think a lot of bi curious girls (i cant speak for men) mean bi curious as in they like the idea of a bi encounter but wouldnt have a one on one with another fem, but might be happy with a bit of play in a FMF 3some. I've met a lot of girls who are only "bi" if there's a male audience involved. annoying, but each to their own i guess. sexuality is complicated.

Bi curiousity in profiles

Perhaps, "bi-curious" is sometimes used in the absence of anything else to indicate degrees of "bi-ness". We enjoy MMF threesomes with bi guys; just like some of the women FruityGirl27 refers to, we often find that some guys who call themselevs bi-curious are really bi by any standard except that they are only happy to play with a guy if there is also a woman present, not 1 on 1.

As you said, sexuality is complicated.

By the way, I agree with one of the other people who said what a pain it is to have to search separately for "bi" and "bi-curious", when they will mean the same to different people.

Great blog. You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I have chatted with several women on here who describe themselves as Bi- curious but haven't made the leap yet and Bi women who want to continue in the woman vein for the moment at the complete exclusion of men.
I am most definitely bi and will remain hapilly so, as we don't only have the best of both worlds, we have the best of all three.
The world is our oyster and we should pat ourselves on the back for those of us who announce it, celebrate it and relish it's continuing power to please all concerned.

Rezasgirl x

At the mo I class myself as "bi-curious" as I have not yet had a fem on fem experience but would like to. I guess you don't know until you have tried it. If I like it then I must be bi-sexual.... meeting someone for the first time tonight so hopefully won't be bi-curious any longer :-)

RE:RE:Bi-curiousity... in profiles

I think it is certainly right that "you don't know until you have tried it", yes. There is a first time for all of us...

I had had bi-fantasies for YEARS before I actually "tried it". When I did, I found I liked it very much. Not everyone will, but that's OK too.

The main thing is to be happy with yourself about who you are, and preferably, to be accepting of others and who they are.

At the mo I class myself as "bi-curious" as I have not yet had a fem on fem experience but would like to. I guess you don't know until you have tried it. If I like it then I must be bi-sexual.... meeting someone for the first time tonight so hopefully won't be bi-curious any longer :-)

I think you (yes you) do know without trying it... and many other bi people do too; I mean, you wouldn't expect a hetero person to have to try sex with someone of the opposite sex before knowing for sure (s)he is hetero: it's there inside themselves from earliest awareness.

RE:RE:RE:Bi-curiousity... in profiles

Well I certainly know now that I am defo bisexual. Had my first amazing experience last night with a great lady who was very patient and let me explore.

I loved it... definitely not 'be-curious' any longer and changed my profile to say so. Can't wait until I do it again x

RE:RE:RE:RE:Bi-curiousity... in profiles

Glad it turned out well for you.

bi curious

well they r all bi but curiuos to know wat other bi has to offer
his size or body to explore i guess

Bi-curiousity... in profiles

we confirm fruitygirls`s comment....
it is sometimes VERY complicated.... ;-))
fruitygirl, any plans to visit germany??? ;-))

xxx

The trouble with putting dividing lines through a continuum hey? I've asked this question before (being mainly str8 but with strong oral fixation)....I take 'curious' literally - interested but haven't tried yet, but MANY others at least in Oz take it to mean will blow a guy but nothing else. Doesn't really matter, as long as we all agree! Great question and my vote is to stick with literal meaning :)

we confirm fruitygirls`s comment.... it is sometimes VERY complicated.... ;-))fruitygirl, any plans to visit germany??? ;-))xxx

Hmmm you'll be the first to know if I do ;) xx

oh, thanks, fruity...sounds quite good...looking forward to this adventure, soon.... ;-))
xx

Curiosity (from Latin curiosus "careful, diligent, curious," akin to cura "care") is an emotion related to natural inquisitive behavior such as exploration, investigation, and learning, evident by observation in human and many animal species. The term can also be used to denote the behavior itself being caused by the emotion of curiosity. As this emotion represents a drive to know new things, curiosity is the fuel of science and all other disciplines of human study.

It is what it says....I am curious, and I hope that my curiosity will help me grow and become the best lover I can be whether it be with a male or female partner. I love to learn new things and always remain open to them.

At the end of the day, lets not label each other just enjoy it whatever it is that tickles your fancy. ;)

Bi-Curious and explored in a thoughtful way

It's all a learning curve for me as a new boy on this site. I feel really privileged that I get to glimpse in to worlds I would not normally. That I never knew about Bi-Curious two weeks ago and here I am seeing there are shades of it; always a sign of complexity (;-)

Latin also, such an erudite bunch; icing on the cake! I think I'm going to make some very interesting friends in this community. With a bit of luck a few sexy friends also (;-)

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Ray x