Home > Forums > Advice (CD / Trans)

Makeup

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I am exploring makeup but really need some help.  Would love any tips or better yet makeup session.  Love to hear back

I'm looking for tipshelp as well. Only thing I can give for a tip is with lipstick and nail polish.

LIPSTICK: Should first find and try different colors, textures, types, etc til you find one(s) you like most and you feel more comfortable wearing. The reason the "types" is included in this is because some are solid sticks, some are liquid squeeze-tube style (these normally have a specially designed angled tip to make it easier to smear the liquid lipstick on with), some are liquid with applicators (usually with a more spongey applicator tip), etc. The material also varies (gel, wet-look shine, sparkle-included liquid, solid-appearing liquid, matte, etc). With classic solid sticks, I find it is best to start with a light coating of lip balm to prevent the lips from drying, then add the lipstick normally... just apply similarly to how you'd apply stick lip balm. With liquid varieties, it'd also be best to start with the lip balm. However, if using an applicator-included style one, just have to make little dabs along the bottom lip roughly 3-5 millimeters apart. Once that's done, just close the mouth and move the lips around for just a couple seconds to spear it onto both lips and at a more even layer. Reason for the lip balm is simple... because most varieties of lipsticks do dry slowly once applied, it can absorb the moisture within the lips thus forming crackedchapped lips in the process. With lipstick, you normally wanna keep the lips moistened the entire time the lipstick material is on said lips.

NAIL POLISH: For this, just shake the nail polish to make sure it's fully mixed (some are made of a mixture of oils, water, paints, etc so the material can separate if sat out for too long in the bottle without being used). However, let it settle for a few seconds after doing this to prevent any unwanted bubbles from forming before applying the nail polish. While waiting, you can clean up the fingers and nails (I suggest using some form of makeup cleaning wipes to make sure there's no unwanted particles from being accidentally painted over such as dirt, oilsgrease, etc). If there's any previous nail polish, you could use nail polish remover as well but then you'd have to use the cleaning process afterwards as the chemicals could have an effect with the nail polish itself if the remover is still on while applying the nail polish. As for applying the nail polish, it normally is best to apply 2 or 3 coats and use coldcool temperatures to dry them (only gel nail polish dry with heat from things such as LED nail dryers for example). FOR A QUICK-DRY METHOD: For faster drying, you can also stick the fingers in a freezer or fridge for a couple minutes to dry them faster. But if doing this, it's best to make sure you don't accidentally touch the painted nails on anything physical (ice, interior walls of fridgefreezer, frozen still-packaged foods, etc). Otherwise you might accidentally mess up the nail polish and have to start all over. And finally, if you want to add a bit more shine and make the polish appear more smoother than it normally does, you can add 1 or 2 layers of top-coat (normally the crystal-clear colorless varieties of nail polish... but some of these also come with sparkles scattered within so make sure you're using the correct one you personally prefer: normal shinesmoothness OR normal shinesmoothness with sparkles along the visible layer)