Home > Forums > New site design (Site Features)

Guestbook?

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I've seen this with other sites and it really works well.

A guestbook section at the bottom of everyone’s profile where anyone can leave comments freely available to view by everyone else. This also helps interactivity as members of a certain fetish genre can easily browse others who are obviously active.

A lot of PM's can be taken the wrong way but a few words on a public guestbook tend to mean for much more.

Just a suggestion and I guess an opportunity for everyone to express their thoughts

Regards and appreciation, Sarah

RE:Guestbook?

sounds good, i second that.

RE:RE:Guestbook?

Hi

Thank you foryour suggestion. This is something that we have thought about adding to the site, however it can cause problems and not everyone wants feedback openly available for other members to view.

It i open to abuse and therefore it is not something that we are thinking of including at this time.

Thanks
Sally (Site Admin)

RE:RE:Guestbook?

I've seen other sites get around this by offering two main options:

Turning the guestbook on or off.

Setting the guestbook to automatically allow the post or to hold the post for the member to read before allowing to be shown.

There’s many occasions like when friends have had a great party, a birthday, came out of hospital or suffered a bereavement even. Occasions when a public guestbook is the ideal way to leave a kind message.

It also serves as a way to network given not everyone adds everyone they speak to on their friends list.

Regards Sarah

GUESTBOOK-BRING IT ON

BRILLIANT IDEA ANOTHER CHANCE TO CONTACT IN A MEANINGFUL MANNER THAT WILL GET NOTICED.

RE:RE:RE:Guestbook?

does the member have to be verified b4 you can post in their guestbook? cos i've been on some and all it says is no entry can't see on there where to post

Guestbook?

I agree that a guestbook is a good idea and one that you should include for each memeber page,

It should be editable by the person who is the owner of the profile.
Yes I know it can take away the point of posting a comment but what else can can be done.
you can not be open to abuse from one or many if a vendetta is in progress.

You can always ask you in reception to check it out if there is constant abuse and advise the abusor to cease....

anyway

gets my vote