Home > Forums > Forums and Adult Community (Assistance and Etiquette)

why does it take so long to review a post???

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hey!

I wonder why there is a need for reviewing all posts here...I mean, we are all over 18. What could be in a post that needs to be reviewed??? (except from posting pics which are protected by copyright, but come on, Who really does that...)
I mean, if somebody insults others, it's hisher own fault and heshe wont get any positive feedback from others...

Sometimes it takes almost 2 days until I can read my posts...
that is probably one reason why this whole forum is barely alive...
why dont you review the posts after they have been made public? You can delete inapropriate posts later on and give an explanation why it was deleted...and maybe warn the person who made the post...

Admins, please explain.
Thanks.

Re: why does it take so long to review a post???

Q. I wonder why there is a need for reviewing all posts here...I mean, we are all over 18. What could be in a post that needs to be reviewed??? (except from posting pics which are protected by copyright, but come on, Who really does that...)

A. All posts have to be reviewed for legal purposes. It's not just copyright content by also emails and phone numbers that cause problems.

We understand that everyone is over 18 but all posts have to be reviewed and edited if required.

We also have the issue where members are posting their forum posts in the wrong forum headings which then have to be moved.

We do ask all members to abide by our forum rules of not posting any content such as email and url's as well as phone numbers.

We also ask that clubs do not post topics with these details but alas they still do.

Q. I mean, if somebody insults others, it's hisher own fault and heshe wont get any positive feedback from others...

A. It's not very nice to be insulted by members and have other members jump on the band wagon without knowing all the facts. If members have an issue with another member they are welcome to report them to our onsite helpdesk where a member of the admin team will happily deal with these complaints.

We ask members not to insult to insult each other on the forum. This is not the place and we do have a report member button on every members profile.

Any members found to be absuive or insults to others can and will be removed.

Every member that is on the site has joined to meet up with like minded adults not to throw insults about.

After all this is not the school playground and everyone is over 18 and these matters can often be dealt quite easily and without upsetting or causing rifts with other members on the site.

Q. why dont you review the posts after they have been made public? You can delete inapropriate posts later on and give an explanation why it was deleted...and maybe warn the person who made the post...

A. We have clearly posted rules on what and what is not acceptable. We hope that all membrs can follow these simple rules, however this is not always the case.

Some members take it upon themselves to repeatly break our forum rules by listing their email addresses and as such we have to now review all forum posts before they are posted on the site forum for other members to read.

It would take us too much time to edit the posts after they have been put live and also by this stage their would be no point in editing them once they have been viewed by members.

I hope this answers some of your questions. We do try our hardest to ensure forum posts are reviewed often and put on the forums for members to read, however this is a busy time of year and depending when you upload your post depends when it gets reviewed and put live.

Thanks
Site Admin