Home > Forums > Advice (CD / Trans)

tvtscd ???

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

hey im new to all this what do they mean?
thanks in advance

Re: tvtscd ???

seriously you dont know

Transvestite =TV
Transexual = TS
Cross Dresser = CD

We know what they mean lol, but can someone please explain the finer differences? CD is self-explanatory, likewise pre- and post- op, but what exactly is the difference between a TV, a TS and also, a TG please?

Also, we'd be grateful for some advice on which other "terminology" is OK to use (as a mf couple looking for a 3rd, rather than members of the community) and which is liable to cause offence, for example "chick with a dick", "T-girl" etc. (a decent analogy would be, say, that it's OK for gay guys to call each other "queens", but this can be upsetting from an "outsider").

Many thanks in advance - for constructive criticism of our profile text too, if anyone would be so good as to have a quick look at it. img src="imagesadultemoticons021.gif"

The exact definitions and boundaries can be hard to define and there is no simple answer that covers everyone, but I'll have a go!

There are two primary motives why someone might crossdress (CD), and they are that they do it as a fetish for the "kick" (a TV) or they do it because they are expressing something about themselves (TG).

Transgenderism (TG) is something of an umbrella term for all sufferers of gender dysphoria. Those who suffer from it mildly find crossdressing is enough to relieve the symptoms, whereas those with more severe symptoms seek a more permanent solution - in other words they are TS, and may be post or pre-op, or indeed have no intention of any form of op at all.

In terms of names labels, I suppose t-girl is ok, where as "chick with dick" would be offensive to most TGs, and all TS.

Thanks for the explanation Angela72.
I have always described myself as CDTV, I now know i am a TV.

all the same with a big cock in the back of ones throat xxx lolimg src="imagesadultemoticons014.gif"

TG encompasses all the sub groups so far as im concerned.
A TV can have any number of motives...it does not have to be limited to being a fetish or a kick.
TV and CD are exactly the same, you cannot put any deeper meaning to them other than describing a person who cross dresses.
some american groups have tried to make the term tv distinct from that of tv, but they are naughty to do so as the word means what it means... cross dress.

RE:Re: tvtscd ???

The remark made by BIFUN7 is totaly out of order. Its idiots like you that make it very hard for the genuine ts. You are a filthy disgusting person

RE:Re: tvtscd ???

well I have never heard such a load of tripe about the difference between tv cd and ts.
cd just dresses in a few clothes for their own pleasure. A tv dresses as close to the female form as they can but can put it away and only dresses when they feel the need to do so. A ts is a person who lives and works as their identy ie female to male or male to female.
TG dose not cover cd or tv as the tv and the cd are not transgendered in any way because thay are not in transision of their gender. And as for saying that tv means cross dress is very incorrect. Cross dress is an outdated term. And why do all of you think that a tv dresses for sexual pleasure?

Differences between CDTVTGTS

OK as a professional who has studied this subject for many years and being TV myself let me explain.

The male and female brains are totally different in the way they operate. They all are able to do most tasks however female brains are geared towards motherhood, male brains are geared towards being the bread winner or "Provider" of a relationship. Up until 6 weeks in the womb, every human on this planet is conceived FEMALE. At 6 weeks the chromosomalogical order or genetic bluprint are formed. During this process a number of things happen. Lets say you have chromosomes 1-100 from mum and 1-100 from dad. No1 from mum knits with no.1 from dad and so on down the pattern. IF a chromosome is missing "Deletion" or corrupt either a minor or major disability deformity will happen. Also during this time, the X & Y chromosomes determine your gender.

Now Under the term TG (Trans-Gendered) that is the umbrella name given to a person suffering from Gender Dysphoria caused by the following:

In a Female - Male TG person, the body carried on developing as a female however the chromosomes that built her brain, changed state and developed as a male. As a result her thoughts, feelings, emotions, the way she feels and acts and wishes to conduct herself are totally masculine!!! (Man trapped inside a womans body)They blend into society unnoticed as its accepted by society woman can wear male cloths and its fine!!!

In a Male - Female TG person, the body changed and developed as a male however the chromosomes that built his brain, NEVER changed state and developed as a Female. As a result his thoughts, feelings, emotions, the way he feels and acts and wishes to conduct hiself are totally Feminine!!! (Woman trapped inside a Man's body) He cannot easily go out dressed as society have not as yet readily accepted men wearing womens clothing and sometimes narrow minded people will humiliate and degrade them, not fair i know but true!!! hence many stay "In Closet" so to speak.

Now CD or (Cross-Dressers) is defined as a person who has the correct brain inside the correct body or "Normal Person" so to speak,(male body with male brain or female body with female brain) BUT dresses in clothing of the opposite sex purely for sexual gratification.

A TV or (Transvestite) is defined as a TG Person who dresses in the clothing of the opposite sex BECAUSE the way they feel inside is the sex of the opposite to their bodies. It is not a choice to dress is becomes something that is required to make them feel "complete". Although they wear the opposite sexes clothing during sex its not to "get off" on it, moreso because they feel they are of the sex they feel inside their headbodies even though their physical body may say different. Its hard to surpress and at some stage in their life if they try to hide it, WILL resurface and force them to come out eventually.

A TS or (Trans-Sexual) can be Pre-op or Post-op. They are a TG person who has decided to have the sex change operation or GRS (Gender re-assignment Surgery). They will have to conduct a 2 year "Real Life Test" whereby they have to take a job prodominantley of the gender they wish to assign to....they must discard all things related to the sex of their physical bodies, and live FULL TIME as the gender of how they feel inside. During the 2 years they will undergo tests and have psycotherapy to make sure what they are doing is the right thing to do. They will take hormone suppressants to stop producing the hormone of the gender they were born with, and take HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) for the gender they wish to assign to. They will grow their own boobs ans start "Puberty" all over again but as the opposite sex and so the body transits as such to the opposite sex partially, NEVER fully. During this process they are "PRE-OP TS". Some will go ahead with surgery others wont. Many do grow the boobs but keep their penis (Lady-boys) but dont go the whole way.

A POST OP TS goes ahead with the GRS surgery, and becomes the gender they feel inside. A female to male TG person will have a Phaloplasty (penis attached) and a male to female TG person will have a vagina created out of what they have. its amazing but both look amazingley real !!! HOWEVER they will never bear children once GRS is complete.

Just to add a bit more confusion

There are also some differences in the terms based on geography.
Here in the UK the "definitions" are largely as SexySophie has just explained, and very well too.
In the US the terms CD and TV are almost completely reversed; a UK TV is a CD in the States and vice versa.
I just thought I'd throw this little fact into the mix!
Play safe, stay safe.
Hugs, Bev.

RE:Just to add a bit more confusion

Cirkey Bev dont go global, its confusing enough as it is!x

re all of the above

The label is not so important by alowing ones slef to be pigeon hold we only make it easer for any one group or person as a target for there perjudice I like to think of my slef as human frist then gender weather that is from choice our genitics.

RE:Differences between CDTVTGTS

In response to SexySophie's post: While they may have studied the subject of transgenderism for many years I fear the views expressed in this post are very outdated, and as a transman (female to male) I find many of them quite offensive.

Firstly, there is no firm evidence as to what makes people transgender. There are theories about hormones in the womb having something to do with it it is by no means conclusive, and it certainly isn't as simple as the post makes out. Gender development is not as simple as this, as the existance of intersex people (those born with ambiguous sexual characteristics, whether they be physical, hormonal or genetic) demonstrates.

Secondly, the idea that female-to-male trans people "blend into society unnoticed as its accepted by society woman can wear male cloths and its fine" is untrue (quite apart from the fact that women who dress masculine in no way get an easy ride by society). While it's true that, in the past at least, there have been much fewer trans men than trans women and this probably has something to do with the fact that many people who may have medically transitioned instead lived as butch lesbians, there are many trans men who do in fact take hormones, have surgery and live as male in a way that is more than simply wearing trousers. One reason trans men "blend in" more than trans women is because testosterone causes far more changes to a female body than oestrogen does to a male body. A trans man who has been on testosterone for a few years will often simply look like a man, with a male shaped face, beard, and lowered voice.

Which brings me on to my next point: transition isn't just about surgery. Most transexual people will take hormones (and continue taking them for the rest of their lives), trans women will take oestrogen and trans men will take testosterone. The hormones esentially bring on a second puberty, and in many ways cause a much bigger change in the person, both how they look and how they feel, than surgery does.

There's also the fact that there are those who feel they don't identify with either gender andor their gender is fluid (look up "gender queer" for more on that).

I won't apologise for the long post, these are things that need to be said. I should also say that I find it incredibly sexy when someone has an awareness of these issues ;)