Home > Forums > Chill-Out Zone (General Chat)

Gender Specific chat rooms in the chat prog

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Perhaps people could give me their opinion on this.

What is the point in having gender specific or preference specific chat rooms within chat if people who dont fit those parameters can enter?

For example 'couples only' yet single female and single males can enter.
Should there be tougher restrictions?

Re: Gender Specific chat rooms in the chat prog

Excellent question. Very topical.
I haven't got the answer but as usual i have an opinion lol.
In a nutshell anyone can fill out a profile form and say they are whatever they want to be. Men can be women, women can be men and from that point alone it would be difficult to control who uses which room.
Another option would be maybe to limit each email address to one profile.
But i have 2 email addresses so again, thats not fool proof.
At the end of the day its a nice idea to have specific rooms for specific people but it shouldn't really affect peoples enjoyment.
The only option i can see is that if someone not fitting the room criteria wanders into a room, everyone puts them on block.

Re: Gender Specific chat rooms in the chat prog

Perhaps people could give me their opinion on this.

What is the point in having gender specific or preference specific chat rooms within chat if people who dont fit those parameters can enter?

For example 'couples only' yet single female and single males can enter.
Should there be tougher restrictions?

Like Donatello said, unless passport ID is used for each and every account (and even that isn't foolproof!) then there is no way any site can filter out the fibbers from the truthers.

This is something which I suspect would go a lot deeper into the site - serious code re-working would perhaps have to be done to change the interface to support filtering like you are suggesting. Whilst a good idea, I wouldn't expect anything to happen like that just yet.