Home > Forums > Etiquette (Assistance and Etiquette)

New to this and a bit lost...

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

Hi, I've just recently joined the site and am getting the distinct feeling I'm doing something wrong when contacting others; I've sent out several messages trying to be polite and ask if there's any interest (not the usual "hey babe, u fitt" kind of crap). I'm making an effort to read people's profiles and make sure there's a least a chance they may be interested in me first but still getting not a single response.
I didn't have a profile picture when I sent my first couple of messages however I have since added them and tried to make an effort with my profile information...

Basically I'd like to know if I'm doing anything outright wrong that's meaning all my messages are ignored
- Is it considered rude to just message people, even if you're being polite and not using crude language?
- Does the fact I don't show my face on my pics make a huge difference trust legitimacy wise?
- Is there even anyone on the other end of these profiles? Although I'm not sure that's the case as I've messaged one or two people that are supposedly verified by admin users...
I can appreciate if I'm breaking some etiquette that I'm not aware of but I do make it clear on my profile that I'm new, and besides, to me just flat out ignoring a genuine message seems more rude than anything

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hmm.. I dont remember you sending me a message :) just kidding..
Ok the thing is.. ahh, most people would prefer a "personalised" msg rather than just a "canned text-flirt". (I for one..)
Next they check the profile.. Picture if there's any..
Then "gut-feel"..
Yes its a hook-up site, but not all ladies wants a meet and fuck.
So dont take it at heart, if you feel "you're being ignored". Just shrug it off.. They're saving you the trouble! :)
*fist-bump*

RE:New to this and a bit lost...

I think one thing is if they are just classic members they can not read the email unless they upgrade.

This might be the problem they have never seen your full message.

RE:New to this and a bit lost...

I think one thing is if they are just classic members they can not read the email unless they upgrade.

This might be the problem they have never seen your full message.