Home > Forums > Advice (CD / Trans)

Your Favourite Perfume

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I have a thing about smells and also colours.... colours really excite me, vivid pinks and purples just seem to catch my attention and excite me, but smells are the biggest hit I get...

Many many many years ago I worked in a place where there was a lady who used to wear Poision perfume. You could walk down a corridor and smell it hours after she had passed by. Now, whilst I wasn't particularly attracted to her, the smell drove me wild to the point of buying it for for girl friends.

It drives me wild, and I remember one girl where I would spray it all over her before getting down to some seriously depraved sex...

I bought a bottle for my self at xmas, and some how now it just doesn't have the same potency that I remember. I'm sure the formula has been changed! I still love it and I now wear it as an aftershave (lol) - just a slight spray in the morning. Got to the point now where I really don't care what people think, and sitting in the pub having a beer when I can smell it is fucking great!

RE:Your Favourite Perfume

Oh Poison, yes I remember Poison. As a woman, if I wanted to seduce a guy I would wear Poison. That, and a red bra, and stockings. Men are so stupid, no?

A lot of the old classic scents have been re-formulated, and usually for the worse, with Poison being now a shadow of its former self. Opium is another powerhouse, knock'em down one from that '80's era that has been changed and greatly toned down.

There are various reasons why the perfume houses do this. The most obvious one is to cut costs but there are some less cynical reasons including: unavailability of some the old ingredients because of legal issues (the EU has banned quite a lot of traditional ingredients) or scarcity (you can't get sandalwood any more); a new designer wanting to put their mark on the line; or what the house perceives as changing tastes.

You can usually still find the originals of the classics being privately sold on-line but they are seldom cheap.

Dariush Alavi's 'Perfume' and Luca Turin's 'Perfumes' are both interesting reads.

The aroma of a freshly showered pussy will do it for me to get down to some serious tongue-clit bashingimg src="imagesadultemoticons030.gif"

Perfumes

The scent of a perfume is NOT the same on everyone (it depends on your body scent, too), much less when talking about a female perfume on a man... That might also be a reason why it doesn't smell the same on you...

RE:Perfumes

Anna - This is certainly true to some extent, but Poison has definitely been re-formulated, and is clearly a shadow of its former self, so getting hold of a vintage bottle is really the only option if you liked the old smell.

Luca Turin rated it 5 out of 5 and commented that reviewing it was: "like road-testing an Abrams M1 tank in the evening rush-hour. People just seem to get out of your way, and if they don't, you just swivel that turret to remind them you're not kidding."

Another reason for re-formulations that I forgot to mention was that the big perfume houses now have to comply with the IFRA anti-allergen guidelines which limit some ingredients and ban others. I am not sure when IFRA was set up, but I doubt it was around back in the 1980s.

Perfume

I used to wear it - I know it has been changed to some extend... and I don't like it any more... There is also no point in getting hold of an old bottle, as the odour will not be the same, either, after such a long time
I now wear something else

RE:Perfume

I think that an unopened bottle of perfume will last indefinitely, as long as it has been stored somewhere cool and dark, so a vintage one should be okay as long as it is sealed in the original box.

It's a shame that Poison and Opium have changed, as I liked both of them a lot, and they reminded me of some ex-girlfriends from way back.

I would say Chanel No. 5 and Passion are two of my very favorites.

My fave probably is obsession night by calvin klein or coolwater woman by Davidoff. x

perfume, scents and books

I like Chanel 19 most though I do like no.5 as well as it reminds me of my mum.
A little OT but for male scent I like Chanel Anteus. (Yes I do like Chanel img src="imagesadultemoticons001.gif" .)

Very OT but I enjoyed Patrick Suskind's novel 'Perfume'

Love,
Saoirse

RE:perfume, scents and books

Issy Miyake... Perfume... I get so many compliments...I especially like it when I'm flirting and I hear, "You smell sooo good"...Nice turn-on!

Yvette